Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Safe Mode not working

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 01 December 2008 - 12:27 AM

Some odd reason, I can't get my parent's computer to go into Safe Mode. It's not infected (as I'm pretty sure of it), but it'd be nice to be able to get it into Safe Mode just in case it did get infected.

There's an error when I try to go into Safe Mode with the F8 method, but I can't remember it as of now. I'll get to it tomorrow and post the error.

As for what happens, I repeatedly press F8, it goes to a screen with the error, then it goes to boot into Normal Mode.

Any possible ideas or should I get the error first?

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 01 December 2008 - 02:59 AM

Yes, the error would help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users