Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Driver PRobelmBENQ DVD DD DW1620

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bongo jerry

bongo jerry

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 30 November 2008 - 10:59 PM

I am unable to get my DVD writer to work. It doesn't show up in Widows Explorer. When I go to System Properties - Hardware - Device Manager I get an error indicator. When I click on the device properties I get the following message
"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device"

When I try to reinstall through Control Panel - Add HArdware , I get an error message that says there was a problem with the installation.

I have a 2 Ghz P4 with 2 Gb RAM running XP Pro Service Pck 3

I looked for new drivers on the BENQ site and could only find firmware updates.

Ideas / Suggestions?

Thanks for your help / suggestions

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 01 December 2008 - 12:59 AM

Have you tried inserting your XP disc, and when you update/install driver, point it toward your install CD?

The drivers for CD/DVD drives are from Microsoft, so you are correct in that you won't find them on the manufacturer's site.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 01 December 2008 - 10:57 AM

Does it appear that the drive functions? It could be dead.

I would uninstall the drive (via Device Manager)...stop the system. Remove the connections...then reattach securely. Reboot...check the BIOS for proper recognition, reboot.

The following should also be tried, following instructions given: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

A more concise version of the link above: http://delltrain.wordpress.com/2008/07/15/...d-lower-filter/

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users