Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot uninstall Adobe CS3 Master Suite from XP

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 C2G

C2G

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 30 November 2008 - 10:02 PM

So I got a copy of the Adobe CS3 Master Suite from my buddy just to try it out and see which programs I would be able to use. He had a copy of the entire suite that he downloaded off of the net and it had the correct .dll files, .exe. files, etc. to make the program believe it was the full version. I liked most of the programs so I went out and bought the entire suite (a used copy from somebody). I have XP Home edition, a Dell Dimension 8400, and I have XP to run at optimal speed.

I went to uninstall the CS3 I got from my friend and absolutely nothing happened in the add/remove programs option in the control panel. I went and downloaded the msicuu2.exe file from Microsoft (Windows Install Clean Up) and removed the Adobe CS3 Master Suite using that program. It removed it within the Windows Install Clean Up program, but when I went to check under the Start Menu and "All Programs" I saw every single shortcut to every single program still there under Adobe Master Collection CS3. I clicked on a couple of the programs and they actually work.

Then I tried to just install the real version I just bought instead of uninstalling the original first. When I clicked on the setup file on the dvd it said:

"You can only install one Adobe product at a time. Please complete the other installation before attempting to install Adobe Creative Suite 3 Master Collection."

I am assuming there is something within the original copy I installed (in the .dll files or somewhere in the registry files of XP) that is not allowing the suite to uninstall. What can I do so I can actually use this real copy. The fake copy had a couple programs that didn't work right so I want to use this good copy (for all you "If there's nothing wrong with it why fix it guys" plus I might as well use the copy I paid for). Any ideas? I would definitely appreciate your help. Thanks.

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 C2G

C2G
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 01 December 2008 - 01:13 AM

Thank you for relocating my post (whoever did it). I was going to post it again in this section after I scanned down. Anyways, I figured out how to uninstall it myself so no need to help me out now. Thank you anyways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users