Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Combofix formal training

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ccampbell15

ccampbell15

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 AM

Posted 30 November 2008 - 09:54 PM

Hi all,

Hi along with several of my team members I am very much interested in finding some formal training (certification?) with Combofix. I've been using using it for awhile now and itís an incredible tool. Yes, I have read the disclaimers. For the life of me I canít figure who to contact. I keep seeing that there is a private forum reserved for recognized anti malware companies. I work for SupportSoft and we are looking to really beef up in this area but insist on doing things the right way.

Anyone know who we can contact? I have a strong personal interest in this.

With Regards
Lee Campbell

Edited by Pandy, 30 November 2008 - 10:42 PM.
edit to remove email addresses, to protect the member from spam

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Galadriel

Galadriel

Bleepin Elf

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,753 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 30 November 2008 - 10:32 PM

Hello and welcome to BC!

There is no formal ComboFix only training, but we do offer a malware removal training program that does include many tools that helpers use on the forums (including ComboFix for more advanced trainees). Feel free to check it out and apply. Do note that the space is limited and it may take a while to get in. You have to keep checking for slots to open up. We limit the number of students at once so as to make the experience easier for both the coaches and the students.

Malware Removal Training Program

The above is the closest you can get to what you want.

Regards,
I cemna prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ne chae. A han noston ne 'wilith. - Galadriel
'The avatar is changed; I can feel it in the water, I can feel it in the earth, I can smell it in the air.'

Phear teh ceiling cat, for he is roofkittehd! - Basement Cat

I'm a Bleeping Folder, are you? - Join BC in the fight against diseases - Click here
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 somenoob

somenoob

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 01 December 2008 - 12:31 AM

This would be great to do! It might give me an edge in competing to get my traineeship back too.

#4 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 02 December 2008 - 04:20 PM

Also, you can find some useful information if you do a google search for Malaware Training Schools ; but it is constant and never ending learning ;

there is a LOT to learn in what you can even observe on this forum alone ,is a constantly changing malaware environment;

And , if you DO gain entry TO one of the Training Schools ,be prepared to have knowledge that you THINK you have, challenged and changed :thumbsup:

#5 Galadriel

Galadriel

Bleepin Elf

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,753 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 02 December 2008 - 04:36 PM

For the record, it is malware. Ruby1, have you trained somewhere? Just curious, you seem to know a lot about the training process.
I cemna prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ne chae. A han noston ne 'wilith. - Galadriel
'The avatar is changed; I can feel it in the water, I can feel it in the earth, I can smell it in the air.'

Phear teh ceiling cat, for he is roofkittehd! - Basement Cat

I'm a Bleeping Folder, are you? - Join BC in the fight against diseases - Click here
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 somenoob

somenoob

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:18 AM

OK just learned that I can never get my traineeship back :thumbsup:. OK so how do we sign up for this training? Would be keen to learn and help other people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users