Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer (wrong version)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Amberangel

Amberangel

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 30 November 2008 - 09:21 PM

Hi, I have been using my new computer for about two months when I realized that I was using internet explorer 256 bit. My computer is Vista home edition 64-bit. Just today I noticed that Internet Explorer 64 bit was also listed in my start up programs. I then brought that browser up and now am using it. I have no AciveX controls listed in this browser other then McAfee SiteAdvisor and when I click on (tools>internet options>advanced) I have no java listed there. To test it I went to my game site(pogo) and tried to load a game but recieved a popup stating I have no java. I do have java listed in my Programs and Features (java 6 update 10). I realize now it is loaded in my other Internet explorer that is not 64-bit. My question is: Do I un-install java6 update 10 and re-install into the browser I am using now or do I download a second copy of java for this 64-bit browser. I am very new to Vista and never realized I had both browsers available. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Michael-Anthony

Michael-Anthony

• Banned
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 01 December 2008 - 09:26 AM

https://longsteel.iscor.com/downloads/128-bit.jsp That may clear up some misunderstandings.

#3 Amberangel

Amberangel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 01 December 2008 - 10:13 AM

Hi, After I posted last night I did a considerable amount of reading and soon realized that IE7 (32-bit) is the default browser for Vista and all other windows x64 OS's. Among some of the reasons being that 64-bit does not support Adbode reader or Flash player. That being said I will stick with the 32-bit version for now. Thank for getting back to me. hagd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users