Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ginastu

ginastu

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 AM

Posted 30 November 2008 - 12:14 PM

Hi,

My name is Stuart, live in the Blue Mountains west of Sydney in Australia and I am 51 yr old. I would place myself as partially competent in PCs. I came to this site due to the Major Geek site directing me here for the Combofix and found that Bleeping Computer is also a great site for tools and fixes. I have a laptop that I used to use at work and now am temporarily using it at home until I build a new system with Corei7. The laptop had Mcafee antivirus but I was not getting updates at home because I did not know the company login for updates. Once when I was browsing the internet, I was notified that I did not have antivirus running. Not being familiar with this I starting looking at how to turn it (Mcafee) back on. After a while I noticed that it had been turned back on but not from anything I had done. I suspect that malicious software had turned off Mcafee, planted a virus then turned Mcafee back on.
Anyway I ran the Major Geek process for cleaning out malware (including Combofix) and now have several logs which I assume I need to post to determine if there is still any problems.
So hello from Aussie Stu, username ginastu (guess what my wifes name is)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 30 November 2008 - 12:51 PM

Hi there Stuart welcome to BC it's god to see you here. :thumbsup:

#3 tashie

tashie

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2008 - 03:03 PM

Hello everyone! I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving. I also hope everyone remembers that Christmas is not about receiving but about giving. Whether it is for the poor, volunteering or helping older people out. The saying is Pay it forward! Love everyone.

#4 gzwerl

gzwerl

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 30 November 2008 - 03:45 PM

Hi Stewart, Am thrilled you have joined our site...I am also new and have been to Australia...what a great country! I think this site is just what I have been looking for to answer and solve alot of my computer problems.

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2008 - 05:11 PM

Hello ginastu,tashie and gzwerl... Welcome to Bleeping Computer!!!
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 Doctor Inferno

Doctor Inferno

• Members
  • 503 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 02 December 2008 - 03:24 AM

Hello! Welcome to Bleeping Computer!
Posted Image

#7 tashie

tashie

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 03 December 2008 - 08:34 PM

Thanx everyone for making me feel welcomed!

#8 Serene

Serene

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2008 - 10:31 PM

Hi,
I'm Serene and just become a member. I'm a 47 years old man from Nigeria. I am a marine engineer though I quit sea-faring in 1997. I've gradually sailed from marine engineering to computer technology. I know there are many experts in this field who are members of Bleepingcomputer and I hope to tap some knowledge from you guys. I like this site.

#9 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 PM

Posted 04 December 2008 - 04:38 PM

Hello Serene and welcome to Bleeping Computer
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users