Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi, my name is

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shantar

shantar

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 30 November 2008 - 10:57 AM

Hi, my name is shantar. I have very limited knowledge about computers but I'm a quick learner. I have many problems with my system and I hope I can get a little help with them. I know this is not the time or place to post such things so let me get on with an intro. I am 43 years old and have been playing with computers for the past 9 years. I know enough to build my own systems (from spare parts and tossed hardware). If I need a new part I'll shop around to find it the cheapest but I prefer to recycle old systems. My current system is an IBM compatable with XP installed. I have a dual harddrive with a AMD Sempron processor (old I know but it works) with 512MB of memory. I don't use my system for fancy games or anything real stressfull on the CPU. I mainly check my e-mail and surf. I know not to visit some sites due to spyware/malware and other nasty stuff. My husband (on the other hand) does not. He will go anywhere on the web. Due to this my system gets infected often and with some pretty nasty stuff. At least once a month I'm scanning for bugs with almost every bug tool known to the IT world. I hope the BleepingComputer world can be of help and if I can help I'll try but my advice is very simple.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 30 November 2008 - 12:47 PM

Hi there shantar welcome to BC it's god to see you here. :thumbsup:

#3 Doctor Inferno

Doctor Inferno

• Members
  • 503 posts
  •