Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Log Transport Application

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Cassiopeia

Cassiopeia

• Members
  • 229 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 30 November 2008 - 08:20 AM

I searched the forums for this one, but was unable to find an answer.

I have a subscription to AVG anti-virus. When different programs or software attempt to connect to the internet, it displays a warning. For the past week, I have received the following warning:

Log Transportation Application is attempting to establish a connection with IP address ...

Does anyone know what the Log Transporation Application is? My thought is it references the log files for various things related to the operation of the pc.

I block it each time, but not permanently, just in case it is pertinent to the operation of my pc.

Thanks.

Catherine

Windows XP SP2
Dell 8300
:trumpet:

Well, after sitting here and thinking, I realized that AVG must have a log of these items. I wanted to ensure the exact words used. When searching AVG's firewall logs, I found it and the program attempting to access the internet. It's Adobe.

Thanks anyways, guys. Of course, all the help you've given in the past was what made me able to find the answer on my own.

:flowers:

:thumbsup:

Edited by Cassiopeia, 30 November 2008 - 08:28 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,281 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 30 November 2008 - 09:46 AM

Well done, happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

#3 vicroberts

vicroberts

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:49 AM

I just ran across the same message from AVG when closing Adobe Reader.

You seem to have figured out what it is, but why do I need to send data to Adobe each time I close one of their applications?

#4 Cassiopeia

Cassiopeia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 229 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2009 - 11:24 AM

I don't know and I don't like it. It appears that we are not the unknown users we would like to be. I block Adobe each time it attempts to update automatically and tell it not to, but it still does.

hmmmmmm

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,281 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2009 - 04:23 PM

One of the major reasons I no longer use anything other than Flash Player from Adobe...they seem to like to spread a zillion files everywhere and constantly "update" home.

Louis

#6 Tetedepoulet

Tetedepoulet

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:07 AM

Agree with the Adobe posts - I have this blocked by my firewall. All works fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users