Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

introduction

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 systemmistress

systemmistress

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 AM

Posted 29 November 2008 - 09:08 PM

Hi, everyone...
i'm here with a few malwares and a broken caps lock and shift key.

next month i will get a new keyboard, and your forums have helped immensely.

I am glad to find such a great site. I saw the contests and will enter them...love the idea of 'paying it forward'. I know a few people here who would love some new computer stuff. We live in a HUD subsidized apartment building in Charleston, SC. I ended up here after a bad auto accident many years ago in florida, and needed some medical expertise for my crumbled spine. It was worth the move. my team of drs and therapists have me walking again.

a friend taught me how to use a computer over the phone from FLA, while i was recuperating for one year, in a hospital bed at home. [before DNS servers, and internet service was free. so were long distance calls from a computer. no viral activity either. it was lots more fun then, but there is so much more content now. i did order my groceries from the local super market back then as well, and they are still providing that service to us.]

I know a little about maintaining a computer now, and help my friend who has no time to do it. I seem to have a lot of time on my hands, so I am learning all I can about this. It is really expensive to call a geek each and every time something happens..and I like the challenge.

I am on this computer almost every day - all day and night. i do some research and keep my working friends up to date with the real news...and I have an african grey parrot... I try to keep as busy as possible.

I look forward to meeting all of you.
s :thumbsup:
"And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time."
T.S. Eliot, Four Quartets,
Little Giddings

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 29 November 2008 - 09:40 PM

Hi, systemmistress.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Please take the time, to browse the New User Orientation forum, to help familiarize yourself with how the board works.
If you have any questions about how to use this site, this forum will probably answer them.

Also, don't forget to check out the Tutorials.
There's a lot of very useful information, in there.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 30 November 2008 - 09:32 AM

You can rely on BC for FREE help with your computer problems or questions, and have extra money for birdseed!
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users