Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trigger anti-virus?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 danielcantu

danielcantu

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 29 November 2008 - 08:10 PM

Hi
I found this forum while looking for a 'cure' for my problem. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...&hl=trigger

I think this is the same or a similar problem to what i have. so i started with the same instructions, with the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and it found about 70 infected items. hope someone can help

Here's the log.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.30
Database version: 1435
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

29/11/2008 06:56:25 p.m.
mbam-log-2008-11-29 (18-56-25).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 66224
Time elapsed: 27 minute(s), 23 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 3
Memory Modules Infected: 2
Registry Keys Infected: 30
Registry Values Infected: 9
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 3
Files Infected: 25

Memory Processes Infected:
C:\Program Files\AvirTrsoftware\AvirTr.exe (Rogue.VirusHeat) -> Unloaded process successfully.
C:\Program Files\WebMediaViewer\hpmom.exe (Trojan.Zlob) -> Unloaded process successfully.
C:\Program Files\WebMediaViewer\hpmon.exe (Trojan.Zlob) -> Unloaded process successfully.

Memory Modules Infected:
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\AE61B090241FAA00\AE61B090241FAA00.x86 (Rootkit.Zlob) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ftfea.dll (Trojan.Zlob) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{22ef8ba1-a18c-4ad3-ad84-01b95b581c5c} (Trojan.Zlob.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\avirtrwarning.warningbho (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\avirtrwarning.warningbho.1 (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{764bc8b4-1159-4736-8af1-f124a7c8c3a8} (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{df3f06c6-d443-48a8-bdf2-4e31f0554ebf} (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{2eef94df-75f6-42e9-b7fb-af5a170a6e2e} (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{2eef94df-75f6-42e9-b7fb-af5a170a6e2e} (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{3a267370-076e-4af4-b986-77626b8e89df} (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{64466b8e-20a7-4a4a-aff4-aad9ca68b52c} (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{64466b8e-20a7-4a4a-aff4-aad9ca68b52c} (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{64466b8e-20a7-4a4a-aff4-aad9ca68b52c} (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{22C447D3-73A8-E1C7-C391-21BE4338CEBC} (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Typelib\{3ed86073-2fa7-4cf4-810b-28b030671678} (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{e596df5f-4239-4d40-8367-ebadf0165917} (Rogue.Installer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{3a267370-076e-4af4-b986-77626b8e89df} (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{29c5a3b6-9a8d-4fa0-b5ad-3e20f4aa5c00} (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{34e6f97c-34e0-4ce5-b92b-f83634bedc01} (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{3b8fb116-d358-48a3-a5c7-db84f15cbb04} (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{09f1adac-76d8-4d0f-99a5-5c907dadb988} (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{d3b4c621-6024-410b-9f0f-22cbd6981f5e} (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{2d2bee6e-3c9a-4d58-b9ec-458edb28d0f6} (Rogue.DriveCleaner) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{1d4db7d2-6ec9-47a3-bd87-1e41684e07bb} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{3a267370-076e-4af4-b986-77626b8e89df} (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\{3b8fb116-d358-48a3-a5c7-db84f15cbb04} (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Trymedia Systems (Adware.Trymedia) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Security Tools (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\IExplorer add-on (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Browser Toolbar (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\System Alert Popup (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Ares Gold (Adware.WhenUSave) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SharedTaskScheduler\{22ef8ba1-a18c-4ad3-ad84-01b95b581c5c} (Trojan.Zlob.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\avirtr (Rogue.VirusHeat) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\{2eef94df-75f6-42e9-b7fb-af5a170a6e2e} (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser\{2eef94df-75f6-42e9-b7fb-af5a170a6e2e} (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser\{29c5a3b6-9a8d-4fa0-b5ad-3e20f4aa5c00} (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\Run\vmware hptray (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\New Windows\Allow\*.securewebinfo.com (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\New Windows\Allow\*.safetyincludes.com (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\New Windows\Allow\*.securemanaging.com (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Folders Infected:
C:\Program Files\WebMediaViewer (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-1482476501-1644491937-682003330-1013 (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\AvirTrsoftware (Rogue.VirusTrigger) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ftfea.dll (Trojan.Zlob.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\AE61B090241FAA00\AE61B090241FAA00.x86 (Rootkit.Zlob) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Program Files\AvirTrsoftware\AvirTr.exe (Rogue.VirusHeat) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\WebMediaViewer\browseul.dll (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\WebMediaViewer\hpmun.dll (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\WebMediaViewer\browseu.exe (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\WebMediaViewer\hpmom.exe (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\WebMediaViewer\hpmon.exe (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\WebMediaViewer\hpmun.exe (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\WebMediaViewer\myd.ico (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\WebMediaViewer\mym.ico (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\WebMediaViewer\myp.ico (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\WebMediaViewer\myv.ico (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\WebMediaViewer\ot.ico (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\WebMediaViewer\ts.ico (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-1482476501-1644491937-682003330-1013\Desktop.ini (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Antivirus Scan.url (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Daniel Cantu\Local Settings\Temp\qpgiqmsi3.exe (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Daniel Cantu\Local Settings\Temp\qpgiqmsi4.exe (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Online Antispyware Test.url (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Daniel Cantu\My Documents\My Music\My Music.url (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Daniel Cantu\My Documents\My Pictures\My Pictures.url (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Daniel Cantu\My Documents\My Videos\My Video.url (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Daniel Cantu\My Documents\My Documents.url (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Daniel Cantu\Favorites\Antivirus Scan.url (Rogue.Link) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_superbird_*

Guest_superbird_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 30 November 2008 - 07:05 AM

Hi,

If you didn't do it already: Please reboot the PC.
Then, perform a full scan with MBAM, and post the logfile in your next reply. :thumbsup:

Which problems do you still have?

#3 danielcantu

danielcantu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2008 - 01:53 PM

Hi. thanks for answering. Here's the log file:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.30
Database version: 1437
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

30/11/2008 12:39:41 p.m.
mbam-log-2008-11-30 (12-39-41).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|)
Objects scanned: 166313
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 36 minute(s), 21 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 3
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\ae61b090241faa00 (Rootkit.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\ae61b090241faa00 (Rootkit.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ae61b090241faa00 (Rootkit.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\AE61B090241FAA00\AE61B090241FAA00 (Rootkit.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

The problems seem to be gone.. the annoying popups are gone, the only thing is that my computer is running very slow

#4 Guest_superbird_*

Guest_superbird_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 30 November 2008 - 01:56 PM

To be sure there isn't an infection left, do this:

Please use the Internet Explorer browser (or FireFox with IETab), and do an online scan with Kaspersky Online Scanner

Note: If you have used this particular scanner before, you MAY HAVE TO UNINSTALL the program through Add/Remove Programs before downloading the new ActiveX component

Click Yes, when prompted to install its ActiveX component.
(Note.. for Internet Explorer 7 users: If at any time you have trouble with the "Accept" button of the license, click on the "Zoom" tool located at the bottom right of the IE window and set the zoom to 75 %. Once the license has been accepted, reset to 100%.)
The program launches and downloads the latest definition files.
  • Once the files are downloaded click on Next
  • Click on Scan Settings and configure as follows:
    • Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
      • Extended
    • Scan Options:Scan Archives
      Scan Mail Bases
  • Click OK and, under select a target to scan, select My Computer
When the scan is done, in the Scan is completed window (below), any infection is displayed.
There is no option to clean/disinfect, however, we need to analyze the information on the report.
Posted Image
Posted Image
To obtain the report:
Click on: Save Report As (above - red blinking arrow)
Next, in the Save as prompt, Save in area, select: Desktop
In the File name area, use KScan, or something similar
In Save as type, click the drop arrow and select: Text file [*.txt]
Then, click: Save
Please post the Kaspersky Online Scanner Report in your reply.

#5 danielcantu

danielcantu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 01 December 2008 - 12:32 AM

Hi.
the scan of My Computer with Kaspersky found nothing, does this mean im virus free?

#6 Guest_superbird_*

Guest_superbird_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 01 December 2008 - 01:34 AM

Hi,

It seems youŕe mlware free then. :thumbsup:
Do you still have problems?

#7 danielcantu

danielcantu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2008 - 04:37 PM

No.. apparently all the problems are gone.. any other thing i should worry about?

Thanks for all you've been of great help

P.s. hey i see you are from The Neatherlands, im from Mexico but i will be going to your country next summer as an exchange student... any cool places you'd advice me to visit??
thanks for everything :thumbsup:

#8 Guest_superbird_*

Guest_superbird_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 02 December 2008 - 08:18 AM

Hi,

Everything looks clean again. :thumbsup:
Do this:

1. Now you should Set a New Restore Point to prevent possible reinfection from an old one. Some of the malware you picked up could have been saved in System Restore. Since System Restore is a protected directory, your tools can not access it to delete these bad files which sometimes can reinfect your system. Setting a new restore point AFTER cleaning your system will help prevent this and enable your computer to "roll-back" to a clean working state.

The easiest and safest way to do this is:
  • Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click "System Restore".
  • Choose the radio button marked "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click "Next". Give the R.P. a name then click "Create". The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.
  • Then use Disk Cleanup to remove all but the most recently created Restore Point.
  • Then go to Start > Run and type: Cleanmgr
  • Click "OK".
  • Click the "More Options" Tab.
  • Click "Clean Up" in the System Restore section to remove all previous restore points except the newly created one.
2. Go to the Windows update site and download and install all available updates, so your computer is prtected against malware.

3. Read this page To prevent yourself against re-infection.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About your trip: It depends on where you're going to. Which city/village I mean.
If you want specific information, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users