Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to access Windows Live hotmail via IE6

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 destiny27

destiny27

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 29 November 2008 - 08:06 PM

For about a week, I have been able to view my hotmail inbox, but not get into any of my messages or folders, nor write new messages. I can access my messages via Firefox and Opera, but I have a ton of photos to send and the MSN photo upload tool is the best one I've tried, but of course it doesn't work with other browsers. I have scanned for nasties but not found anything obvious, and I don't remember changing anything that would cause this to happen. It's really frustrating more than anything, and I would be glad to know if anyone has any suggestions. I know I should maybe upgrade to IE7, but doubt if this would solve the problem. Any ideas, please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 AM

Posted 04 December 2008 - 08:51 AM

Hi destiny27,

Did you ask MSN support why you can't open your messages? (emails?) or folders? https://support.msn.com/default.aspx?locale=en-us
To use the support, choose and entry out of the list and you'll be directed to a form where you can describe your problem.

You could try upgrading to IE7. If you don't like it, it can be removed again via add-remove programs. It does take some getting used to, but has features which are more like Firefox.

Alternatively, you could try setting your computer back to an earlier restore point. This would remove any recent updates or installations which may have caused the problem. If it doesn't help, it's easy enough to undo the change.

If you've never done this before, Go to Start / All Programs / Accessories / System Tools / System Restore
check the box to Restore my computer to an earlier time and click on Next. You'll see a calendar with highlighted dates. Choose one of the dates just preceeding these problems and allow your system to return to that date. See if the problem goes away.

For Vista: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/...43.html#restore

If that doesn't help, simply go back into System Restore and choose the option to undo the change you just made.

Did any of the above help?

Zllio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users