Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Halo online

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PCwarrior

PCwarrior

• Members
  • 203 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 29 November 2008 - 05:49 PM

Hello to all :thumbsup: . I recentlly discovered online play. My old halo 1 has gained new life? My guestion though is, while on line gaming is great fun, how much prep and of what kind should my PC have to actually reduce any threat to my system.
I currently am running AVG in the back ground/Stock xp sp3 fire wall(1 way) :flowers: . I have adwatch-adaware;MBAM:spywblaster;super spy free, all available but not running?. thanks for any help.
(new,12/23/09) ASUS Crosshair III, Phenom IIx4 955 Blk Ed, Zalman 9500 HS, Saphire 5770 vga, W-7/64bit, 8g/Corsair/1600 RAM, 850w HX Corsair PSU, WD CB/500gb HD, Pioneer CD/DVD, Smilodon/Dirk-Tooth(modded), All custom&controlled fans. Shhhh lol :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 01 December 2008 - 04:05 PM

While Bungie has discontinued support for Halo 1 ( wanna play some time? ^^ ) They keep updates on stuff like that. The only exploit any has ever found in the game any way is when you host a server, so if your just playing you should be fine.
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#3 PCwarrior

PCwarrior
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 203 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:00 PM

Wow, Thank you very much for the reply. I was all twisted up, worring about the new found fun being malware heaven. Just picked up 2 new sidewinder dual strike controllers,new in the box to replace the old(14yrs)one. To answer your play date; Indeed. I just have a hard time setting a firm time. Kids,wife,other toys and all. But I would enjoy the comradery or oposition of it I'm sure.
At any rate, Thanks again for the reply
(new,12/23/09) ASUS Crosshair III, Phenom IIx4 955 Blk Ed, Zalman 9500 HS, Saphire 5770 vga, W-7/64bit, 8g/Corsair/1600 RAM, 850w HX Corsair PSU, WD CB/500gb HD, Pioneer CD/DVD, Smilodon/Dirk-Tooth(modded), All custom&controlled fans. Shhhh lol :)

#4 PCwarrior

PCwarrior
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 203 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:04 PM

Real awesome avitar.

#5 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:15 PM

Haha thanks :thumbsup:

Shoot me an email whenever its convenient :flowers:

Edited by xXAlphaXx, 01 December 2008 - 07:15 PM.

If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users