Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

vista blocking poker sites

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DazzaH2

DazzaH2

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 29 November 2008 - 04:31 PM

I have 2 pc's on my network one xp one vista. I can access and play poker on line using XP(sp3) but not using vista(sp1).
I have tried using different firewalls even switching them off. no warning is displayed the program just seems to take forever to get to the log in page.I accessed the event viewer it said httpevent- unable to initialize the security package Kerberos for server side authentiction
also in security- Windows Firewall was unable to notify the user that it blocked an application from accepting incoming connections on the network
even though i had switched off windows firewall
Im really ****** off why can't Microsoft let me choose what sites to visit on my own pc?
Windows Vista SP1/AVG 8.5/Malwarebytes' anti-malware/Firefox3.0.2/IE7/office 2007/live messenger 2009

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 PM

Posted 29 November 2008 - 04:52 PM

A couple of notes;

Microssoft doesn't actively blocks any sites that I'm aware of.
Some of these site may use Add-ons or help applications such as Flash Player or Java in order for you to play
Some of the Sites, will require specific protocols for security in order to log in.

Windows Firewall service may not have shut down properly and therefore you're still getting Event posted to event viewer.
Wouldn't worry abou this just yet.

The httpevent may be the issue in and of itself.

What is the site you're trying to log in to that's failing?

#3 DazzaH2

DazzaH2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:34 AM

sorry i took so long to answer (been ill).
Ok the sites i can not connect to are-Carbon poker,PDC poker,and walker poker all part of the Merge network (basically all one site split in different franchises), so i thought it could be their servers . But my son has an account at Wass poker also part of the merge network and that connects ok.
carbon support keep blaming my pc set up ive posted on their forum but no one else seems to have a problem using vista. I actually downloaded full tilt and ultimate bet before reposting here just to try them and they are fine.

The microsoft dig was just me venting my frustration...lol, but saying that ive just read alot of posts in technet with the same error it seems Sp1 could be the culprit i would uninstall it if i could but unfortunately it is a brand new pc and sp1 is incorporated into the vista set up disc :huh:
well looks as if its back to xp until windows 7 is ready (i think Vista is still "work in progress ")

Edited by DazzaH2, 07 December 2008 - 10:36 AM.

Windows Vista SP1/AVG 8.5/Malwarebytes' anti-malware/Firefox3.0.2/IE7/office 2007/live messenger 2009

#4 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 PM

Posted 08 December 2008 - 07:25 PM

Vista is much more useable than one might think. The problem is that it's more of a technical OS than it was meant to be.

My Brother is playing PDC poker on Vista with SP1, so I'm not sure what the issue is. I may try to find the link tonight.
I do see alot of the httpevent issues with SP1 users, so I'm thinking that this service in SP 1 is broken somehow, or at least
not functioning the way it was meant to. Just a guess.

More later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users