Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

transferring music files to new computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kairi2

kairi2

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 29 November 2008 - 02:36 PM

so i got a new laptop with vista and want to transfer my music over from my old laptop (xp). first i attempted to use the Sony Vaio Memory Center (a program that comes with the new Vaios so you can transfer your data once for free), but it timed out. Then I tried the Vista transfer files utility, and that timed out too. I used my 1GB flash drive to transfer all my other files, but there is way too much music for me to use that.

What do you guys do when you need to transfer files?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,493 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 29 November 2008 - 03:51 PM

Easiest way is netwok the PC's
Get the transfer key from Vista pc. Start the wizard on the XP machine and enter key. I would copy them ,just in case of a loss.
See the BC tutorial ,,, Using Windows Easy Transfer to transfer your data to a new computer

Next easiest
The Easy Transfer Cable in method #4 is about $30 USD.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users