Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

for the zillionth time av pro 2009 has overwhelmed my comp, no REMOVAL method WORKS, even the almighty MBAM....dont know what else to do

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 stanis

stanis

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 AM

Posted 29 November 2008 - 06:02 AM

hi i have tried countless topics on how to remove this thing, but none of them seem to work for me, i started with the usual symptoms like everyone elese, with the big red X in my system tray, read about ending the processes, and manually deleting it....went to c/programfiles/avpro2009, i thought it was gone, cuz the pop ups had reduced dramatically and even gone....but the virus is still there.

How do i know? because sites related to removing it in google, take me to totally unrelated health food sites and other garbage i couldnt even view this site because avp blocks it, so i had to go through a proxy.

i have all the antiviruses in this world, avg, counterspy, nod32, spybot search and destroy, etc, none of them would load, the ones that would load (NOD32) needed to update its virus database, but avp will prevent that from happening.

then came here and saw how everyone recommends malwarebytes to fix the problem, so i thought it would work for me, but guess what?? still wont work, it downloads fine, installs after a very long time, but wouldnt load, i tried clicking over and over again still wont work, tried it in safe mode same problem, tried renaming it, still to no avail.

i've run out of things to do, everything ive tried both in normal and safe mode does not work, pls help me.

oh and i have windows xp media ctr 2005, service pack 2 if that help.

pls i dont want to lose my comp, i have years worth of stuff on it, thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_superbird_*

Guest_superbird_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 29 November 2008 - 06:52 AM

Hi,

1. Please download ServiceLookup
Extract the Zip-file (right click > extract all) and run ServiceLookup.
A logfile will open, please e-mail that logfile to the e-mailadress I sent you by PM.

2. Please use the Internet Explorer browser (or FireFox with IETab), and do an online scan with Kaspersky Online Scanner

Note: If you have used this particular scanner before, you MAY HAVE TO UNINSTALL the program through Add/Remove Programs before downloading the new ActiveX component

Click Yes, when prompted to install its ActiveX component.
(Note.. for Internet Explorer 7 users: If at any time you have trouble with the "Accept" button of the license, click on the "Zoom" tool located at the bottom right of the IE window and set the zoom to 75 %. Once the license has been accepted, reset to 100%.)
The program launches and downloads the latest definition files.
  • Once the files are downloaded click on Next
  • Click on Scan Settings and configure as follows:
    • Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
      • Extended
    • Scan Options:Scan Archives
      Scan Mail Bases
  • Click OK and, under select a target to scan, select My Computer
When the scan is done, in the Scan is completed window (below), any infection is displayed.
There is no option to clean/disinfect, however, we need to analyze the information on the report.
Posted Image
Posted Image
To obtain the report:
Click on: Save Report As (above - red blinking arrow)
Next, in the Save as prompt, Save in area, select: Desktop
In the File name area, use KScan, or something similar
In Save as type, click the drop arrow and select: Text file [*.txt]
Then, click: Save
Please post the Kaspersky Online Scanner Report in your reply.

#3 stanis

stanis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2008 - 07:07 AM

thanks for ur reply, i even had a problem before downloading, the service lookup download file, is something wrong, i downloaded it frm firefox and its an unknown file with like 20 random numbers, and it wasnt even a rar or zip file so it was impossible to extract...i tried to also dl it in ie7 and came up with the same thing....here's what it looks like:

Posted Image

why is it doing this, im using the proxy so whats the problem

#4 Guest_superbird_*

Guest_superbird_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 29 November 2008 - 07:13 AM

Hi,

Can you please try to download it with Internet Explorer?
There's nothing wrong with the download. :thumbsup:

#5 stanis

stanis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2008 - 07:34 AM

the download was done with internet explorer as u can see in the picture above.....i dont know whats wrong?

#6 Guest_superbird_*

Guest_superbird_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 29 November 2008 - 08:05 AM

Go on with the Kaspersky Online Scanner. :thumbsup:

#7 stanis

stanis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2008 - 09:38 AM

avp 09 prevents me from going to the site and using kapersky online scanner, and using the proxy site....well nothing happens :thumbsup:

Edited by stanis, 29 November 2008 - 09:39 AM.

#8 Guest_superbird_*

Guest_superbird_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 29 November 2008 - 09:49 AM

Hi,

Open Notepad.
Copy this into the notepad-file:
@ECHO OFF
ECHO ServiceLookup by Blackbird > servicelookup.txt
ECHO Version 2.0 >> servicelookup.txt
VER >> servicelookup.txt
ECHO ---------------------------------------------------------- >> servicelookup.txt
ECHO. >> servicelookup.txt
ECHO Running services: >> servicelookup.txt
ECHO ----------------- >> servicelookup.txt
SC Query >> servicelookup.txt
ECHO ---------END OF REPORT--------- >> servicelookup.txt
EXIT

Go to File - Save as...
Fill in the next values:
File name: info.bat
File type: All files (*.*).
Now, click Save.
Doubleclick info.bat.
A logfile will be created on your desktop (servicelookup.txt). E-mail the contents of that logfile to me by the e-mailaddress I gave you by PM. :thumbsup: (Because the logfile is long)

Edited by superbird, 29 November 2008 - 10:01 AM.

#9 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2008 - 10:00 AM

If I may...

You say that

I have all the antiviruses in this world, avg, counterspy, nod32, spybot search and destroy, etc, none of them would load, the ones that would load (NOD32) needed to update its virus database, but avp will prevent that from happening.

Are you aware that Counterspy and Spybot search and destroy are NOT antivirus programs

Of interest, which ONE Antivirus program have you got installed as you mention both AVG antivirus and Nod 32 antivirus ??

#10 stanis

stanis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2008 - 11:15 AM

well, i deleted all of them, cuz they wouldnt load...or even do anything, plus they were slowing down my internet speed, so i actually use nod32 for now, but it cant update its virus database cuz avp 09 is blocking it

#11 Guest_superbird_*

Guest_superbird_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 29 November 2008 - 11:17 AM

Hi Stanis,

Let that rest for now.
Please do what I said earlier. :thumbsup:

#12 stanis

stanis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2008 - 11:29 AM

Hi Stanis,

Let that rest for now.
Please do what I said earlier. :thumbsup:

ok i'll do that as soon as i get back from work, in about 2hrs or so...thanks again :flowers:

#13 Guest_superbird_*

Guest_superbird_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 29 November 2008 - 11:47 AM

That's okay. :thumbsup:

#14 stanis

stanis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2008 - 12:13 PM

That's okay. :thumbsup:

hey quick question superbird....is this a common problem??? i know avp 2009 has been rampant this past couple of months, but to disable so many functions of a pc without a cure for it that seems to work!!

is that a common problem??

Edited by stanis, 29 November 2008 - 12:51 PM.

#15 Guest_superbird_*

Guest_superbird_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 29 November 2008 - 12:15 PM

This is a common infection, yes. But it's an exception for these kinds of infections. Mostly it's easier to handle.
But I believe we will get there where we want. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users