Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nero CD burner and XP2 incompatible

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ddwtonigab001

ddwtonigab001

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 09 May 2005 - 06:50 PM

Dear all,

Does anyone know how to get around the incompatibility issue with Nero ROM burner software and the message that is produced on installation;

of course, i chose to NOT install. I went to the NERO site and have successfully downloaded 4 updates for the software to patch the problem.

Since my last bout of uncertainty was ignored and destroyed my CD - I thought i would ask 1st and get some advice before continuing.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If the original NERO had issues with xp2 (who hasn't got issues with xp2????) and the site suggested updates which are compatible and are sitting on my flash memory card waiting......

.......don't i have to install the original nero burner before installing the updates...presumed answer = yes...

Won't there be incompatibility trouble if I do this as suggested in the caution message...will the incompatibility not cause problems installing the updates?....there are four updates also...in exe file format....my intention was IGNORE the original incompatibility error and install NERO, then run the update files in order after this without rebooting first....
am i right or is there a better way...the site doens't tell how to run the updates either or how to install them.

advice ALWAYS appreciated

you guys are the best...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SIOUXSIEfan

SIOUXSIEfan

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 09 May 2005 - 07:17 PM

don't exactly know how to help you but seeing how my mom works at iomega i know of these problems and they get rather a lot of complants about them it is presumed that they will fix them but seeing as how it's iomega don't expect it for a while also nero is good burn software but maybe you'd like to try another for nero basically has problems with everything like everyoter iomega program once you install it your computer usually starts acting crappy i suggest switching to roxio sorry if that i couldn't help you with your problem though
Posted Image

#3 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 09 May 2005 - 08:15 PM

Does anyone know how to get around the incompatibility issue with Nero ROM burner software and the message that is produced on installation; There are known incompatibility issues with this operating system.  please contact ahead software.

I had similar problems. I bought a Sony CD-RW that was retail priced at 69.99 with Nero included. A $20.00 rebate made it $50.00. Since I'd done the same thing a year and a half ago,
only difference being the model number and the software included (the old software that didn't work in SP2 application was B's Recorder Gold 5, which I did seek patches for, unsuccessfully). I installed the stuff, got the message you got, also. I ignored it. I works fine, without any patches.

of course, i chose to NOT install. I went to the NERO site and have successfully downloaded 4 updates for the software to patch the problem.

I installed the CD-RW into an older eMachine with win98 on it. The Nero software with it. It works fine.

So, I dunno.

It's kinda odd.

Nero works well, where five others didn't. Now they all work, and what did I do?
next to nothing ...

:thumbsup:
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users