Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why do Security programs show different results?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bigeddie

bigeddie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 28 November 2008 - 03:51 AM

Previously due to an ongoing problem of mine I took the aid of this forum and as suggested about the malwarebytes Anti-Malware from most of the users it helped me to resolve the problem for me. Everything is working normal again and I do not see anymore threats too. Just wanted to share something in addition and to know why this happened though.
I was scanning an infected Flash drive with malwarebytes Anti-Malware the other day which did not detect any infection. When the same thing was repeated with Avast Home Edition 4.7 which I use it determined tons of viruses.
Want to know why this difference did occur, hope I can get some helpful suggestions and a clarification about the different results that I got.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dhants20

dhants20

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 28 November 2008 - 05:44 AM

automated software is dependent on the definitions loaded on it. So the other AV might detect something that another AV may not. Although I wouldn't suggest installing tons of AV protection on your computer. Best protection still would be to know how to spot an infection when you have one and remove it manually. If it's to much of a risk for you, you could just create an image for your computer so that you can just restore it if you get any problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users