Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

points for restoring

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rbig

rbig

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 28 November 2008 - 07:40 PM

Running win xp (home) .

I have some flaw that's developed in my Outlook Express. The delete in main window doesn't work. Yes, I can move files to another folder, and then delete them by going to File location and running that to illustrate. Deleting the .dbx file does delete the original messages. However, this is a manual process. Be better if my delete worked.

Now: if I go back several months to when it was working, will running the restore repair only my operational files? I'd like to save my recent emails, and hope it would repair my operating files, including the delete function now messed up.

What I don't want to do is get my email involved in running restore. If it's operating files, that's good.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,248 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 28 November 2008 - 09:07 PM

How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows XP - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=318378

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users