Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

display problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dutchwoods

dutchwoods

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 28 November 2008 - 04:51 PM

i have a Dell Optiplex GX1 desktop, running windows XP sp2.. my screen resolution is really big and and my programs go off screen.
Now when i go into display settings and try to change resolution to 800 by 600, or any other sizes my screen crashes. I've tried with a different monitor with the same results, i have the correct drivers and it seems to be updated. anyone know how i can fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,137 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2008 - 05:06 PM

What is the screen resolution set at now? Are you still using the integrated ATI Rage 2 graphics or have you installed a PCI expansion card? Same Dell monitor?

Edited by Sneakycyber, 28 November 2008 - 05:08 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 dutchwoods

dutchwoods
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2008 - 05:48 PM

My resolution is currently set at 640x480. the driver shows ATI 3D Rage Pro AGX 2x and im using an HP monitor

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,137 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2008 - 05:50 PM

How old is the monitor?
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer

#5 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,137 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2008 - 05:55 PM

If the monitor is allot older than the PC there could be a resolution problem. What happened when you started having this problem? Did you install any new software, change monitors, remove any software? You can download the latest drivers from ATI select your operating system and select legacy devices and Rage Pro.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users