Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird Boot-up files...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 09 May 2005 - 06:08 PM

Posted Image

Look at the bottom half unchecked. Right after installing Windows, I found those there. I disabled them, and my computer works just as good as it was b4 I disabled them.
Anyone have any extra information about those items. Thanks in advanced! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 09 May 2005 - 06:43 PM

When SP2 is installed, it adds a "security center" which basically checks three areas,
Firewall program(s)
Anti-virus program(s)
Auto-updating of winXP

Initially, there is quite a lot of action on it's part scrambling to:
A. Let you know it's there.
B. Identify anti-virus programs and if it doesn't recognize any, tell you about it.
C. Puts it's pitch in for (and explains it all) auto-updating.
D. Warns you of firewall status, whether there is a recognized third party one, etc.

Those startups indicate thats going on and you haven't fully satisfied the OS that
the Security Center is correctly configured, by doing all the prompts I'm sure you've seen so far.

Its a good opportunity to confuse things by using spybot S&D "prematurely".
Windows working just as good as b4 = maybe. Probably. It may bite you down the road, though. If you aren't sure of what those .dlls are doing ...
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#3 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2005 - 09:20 PM

I talked to OldTimer in the chat, and he said it would be stronly advised to check the files.

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2005 - 09:20 PM

At least two of them are system dlls and disabling them might cause problems down the road.

#5 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2005 - 09:24 PM

Ok, thanks for the notice Enthusiast. Like I said in my previous post, which u missed by like a minute, I checked them all up again. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users