Hello, I hope somebody has a solution for this problem.
I remember that this problem is been usual in Adobe Illustrator since version 10, but I have not find the right solution other than small remedies and not deep solutions.
I've just been recommended to visit this site since I got help in www.spywarewarrior.com getting rid of any possible malware or virus that could be interfering with the removal or installation process of the Illustrator CS2 software. So far my computer looks and feels cleaner than ever. But they told me that for sure you could help me since the problem seems to be an OS malfunction.
First I have to say that Iīve been working with this version form the same DVD since the last year and until a week ago something happened that started giving me problems saving with PDF compatibility.
The easy solution was to unchek the Create PDF file compatibility
option when saving, or printing the file as ADOBE PDF instead of saving.That was a solution, but I donīt like superficial solutions.
So I tried to remove it a couple of times from the ADD or REMOVE SOFTWARE from WINDOWS and while preparing to UNINSTALL the InstallShield Wizard freezes at around the 80 %.
I restarted the computer every time in between when at last I could removed it successfully.
NOW it is impossible to re install it since the wizard freezes the same way, so I have to kill the all the msiexec.exe files available from the task manager panel in order to close the InstallShield Wizard
Here is a list of things I have done so far to try to fix this problem (http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=330710
1. Make sure that the system meets the minimum requirements for Illustrator. Microsoft Windows XP
2. Check the installation DVD, CD and DVD, CD-ROM drives.
3. Log in as administrator.
4. Install Illustrator in a new user account. TRYING RIGHT NOW
5. Install Illustrator from the hard disk instead of the DVD or CD. TRYING RIGHT NOW
6. Install Illustrator in Low Resolution or VGA mode.Intermediate troubleshooting
Quit all applications.
Search for and delete any *.tmp files on your computer. THIS IS PRACTICLY IMPOSSIBLE SINCE ARE TOO MANY (2500 plus) AND EACH ONE OF THEM TAKES AROUND TEN SECONDS TO DELETE ONE AT A TIME. I CANNOT ERASE THEM AT THE SAME TIME.
Delete the following items, if present, from the Documents and Settings\ [user profile] \Local Settings\Temp folder (Windows XP).
_istmp [x] .dir
_ins [x] ._mp
_inz [x] ._mp
_istmp [x] .dir
_wutl [x] .dll
~ins [x] .~mp
In those files and folders, "[x]" can be any numberNONE FOUND
7. Install Illustrator to a different hard disk. I WILL MEANWHILE I AWAIT YOUR COMMENTS
8. Repair and defragment hard disks, and then install Illustrator in Low Resolution or VGA mode. I DONīT KNOW HOW TO DO THIS.
9. Scan the system for viruses. DONE. CLEANER THAN EVER.Advanced troubleshooting
If the tasks in the previous section don't resolve the problem, hardware may be conflicting with Illustrator.
10. Try to install Illustrator on a different computer. I WILL MEANWHILE I AWAIT YOUR COMMENTS
11. Visit the Adobe User to User Forums. I TRUST YOU BETTER.
What do you recommend?
Anybody up to this challenge?