Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem Installing or Removing Illustrator CS2

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 martz

martz

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:51 PM

Hello, I hope somebody has a solution for this problem.

I remember that this problem is been usual in Adobe Illustrator since version 10, but I have not find the right solution other than small remedies and not deep solutions.

I've just been recommended to visit this site since I got help in www.spywarewarrior.com getting rid of any possible malware or virus that could be interfering with the removal or installation process of the Illustrator CS2 software. So far my computer looks and feels cleaner than ever. But they told me that for sure you could help me since the problem seems to be an OS malfunction.

First I have to say that Iīve been working with this version form the same DVD since the last year and until a week ago something happened that started giving me problems saving with PDF compatibility.

The easy solution was to unchek the Create PDF file compatibility option when saving, or printing the file as ADOBE PDF instead of saving.That was a solution, but I donīt like superficial solutions.

So I tried to remove it a couple of times from the ADD or REMOVE SOFTWARE from WINDOWS and while preparing to UNINSTALL the InstallShield Wizard freezes at around the 80 %.

I restarted the computer every time in between when at last I could removed it successfully.

NOW it is impossible to re install it since the wizard freezes the same way, so I have to kill the all the msiexec.exe files available from the task manager panel in order to close the InstallShield Wizard

Here is a list of things I have done so far to try to fix this problem (http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=330710):

Beginning troubleshooting

1. Make sure that the system meets the minimum requirements for Illustrator. Microsoft Windows XP
2. Check the installation DVD, CD and DVD, CD-ROM drives.
3. Log in as administrator.
4. Install Illustrator in a new user account. TRYING RIGHT NOW
5. Install Illustrator from the hard disk instead of the DVD or CD. TRYING RIGHT NOW
6. Install Illustrator in Low Resolution or VGA mode.

Intermediate troubleshooting

Quit all applications.
Remove Illustrator.
Search for and delete any *.tmp files on your computer. THIS IS PRACTICLY IMPOSSIBLE SINCE ARE TOO MANY (2500 plus) AND EACH ONE OF THEM TAKES AROUND TEN SECONDS TO DELETE ONE AT A TIME. I CANNOT ERASE THEM AT THE SAME TIME.
Delete the following items, if present, from the Documents and Settings\ [user profile] \Local Settings\Temp folder (Windows XP).
Folders:
_istmp [x] .dir
Files:
_ins [x] ._mp
_inst32i.ex_
_inz [x] ._mp
_isdel.exe
_istmp [x] .dir
_setup.dll
_setup.lib
_wutl [x] .dll
~ins [x] .~mp
In those files and folders, "[x]" can be any number

NONE FOUND

7. Install Illustrator to a different hard disk. I WILL MEANWHILE I AWAIT YOUR COMMENTS

8. Repair and defragment hard disks, and then install Illustrator in Low Resolution or VGA mode. I DONīT KNOW HOW TO DO THIS.

9. Scan the system for viruses. DONE. CLEANER THAN EVER.

Advanced troubleshooting

If the tasks in the previous section don't resolve the problem, hardware may be conflicting with Illustrator.

10. Try to install Illustrator on a different computer. I WILL MEANWHILE I AWAIT YOUR COMMENTS

11. Visit the Adobe User to User Forums. I TRUST YOU BETTER.

What do you recommend?
Anybody up to this challenge?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 power2thepeople

power2thepeople

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:43 PM

If all else fails go into your program files folder in the C:\ drive and delete the Adobe Illustrator folder but!!!!! be sure to clean your registry after or deleting this folder will effect your computer. if you don't have a registry cleaner I recommend using a program called CCleaner http://www.ccleaner.com/ which will not only clean your registry but also unneeded files as well.

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:27 PM

WARNING:
CCleaner will make changes to the registry.
Improper changes to the registry could render your computer inoperable.
Remember to backup the registry, before making any changes.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users