Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen Capture question Vista

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kenshireen

kenshireen

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 AM

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:29 AM

It is my understanding that if you want to capture an active screen that you hit alt+print screen. I did this and then opened an email and "paste" was greyed out. Do I first have to go to a program like paint. Is there something I am missing

thanks, Ken

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 28 November 2008 - 04:40 PM

hi,,, vista now has its own app to do this its called snip tool,,,
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/
look at the address
who says this site does not have the answers to everything,,,,:huh:
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#3 janna1

janna1

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 30 November 2008 - 09:27 PM

Please forgive me if I'm hoarding in on someone else's question, I have a similar question and only hope I am asking in the right place.
I have an HP Laptop, running Vista home basic. I am trying to find out how to take a Screen Shot of something I am doing, perhaps reading an email etc...., then once the screen shot is taken I'd like to put/fprard/send in another email.
Thanks in advance for any input or suggestions.....

#4 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 AM

Posted 01 December 2008 - 12:58 AM

Try pressing the Print Screen button, without the Alt, to take a screen shot. Once the shot is captured, you can use paint or another imaging tool to save the screen shot as an image. Note that the screen shot has a resolution of your monitor, screen shots taken on large monitors can be large.

3939.png

#5 janna1

janna1

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2008 - 08:46 AM

Try pressing the Print Screen button, without the Alt, to take a screen shot. Once the shot is captured, you can use paint or another imaging tool to save the screen shot as an image. Note that the screen shot has a resolution of your monitor, screen shots taken on large monitors can be large.

Thank you. A friend gave me the same advice, although I have no Print Screen button.

#6 Michael-Anthony

Michael-Anthony

• Banned
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2008 - 09:28 AM

here you go.

#7 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 01 December 2008 - 02:12 PM

Look up ^^^^ beat ye to it,,, :huh:

Edited by figgis41, 01 December 2008 - 02:13 PM.

Figgis,,,, LUFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users