Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dreamweaver Help!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hindinwood

hindinwood

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 09 May 2005 - 05:29 PM

If anyone is pretty familiar with Dreamweaver, I could really use your help! This is the deal; I designed a webpage on my Mac (OS 10.something). I uploaded it to the server, and it looks just as it should on every Mac I've tested it on, regardless of operating system or browser. BUT, on PC's there are major problems. Apparently on IE the captions are cut off, and on Mozilla it won't load at all. Does anyone know why this would happen, or how I can fix it??? The address is www.laureneverett.com, if anyone wants to check it out and take a shot at the problem...
Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 10 May 2005 - 11:28 PM

For some reason when i go to the site, it sends me the index.html instead of opening it.

#3 hindinwood

hindinwood
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2005 - 03:10 PM

Hmmmm, okay. You'll have to bear with me cause I really don't know anything about this stuff, but what do you mean "it sends you" the index? Do you mean an actual list of all the pages on the website, or the index.html page that I made that is the homepage for the sight? And what do you mean it sends it to you? I am so mystified because none of these problems happen on Mac's for some reason....

Edited by hindinwood, 11 May 2005 - 03:11 PM.

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,539 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2005 - 04:34 PM

It actually prompts me to download the page instead of opening it. Is this hosted on your own server ?

I have tried from two different computers and still getting the same problem. Let me try IE.

Looks much better in IE... strange. BTw the pictures are great.

Ill get back to you after i do some research.

#5 ColdinCbus

ColdinCbus

• Members
  • 312 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2005 - 08:33 PM

It opens up in IE bcause IE does not look at the Content-Type. The web server is saying it is an application/octet-stream. The server is not configured correctly or your file does not have the correct filename extension. Did you rename the file to html?

#6 alladin

alladin

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2005 - 02:46 PM

Check the server configuration for default document. There should be index.html .
If you don't have access to that server's configuration file, try to upload the same file with different names. tho most used are index.htm or default.html or default.htm (on iis servers).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users