Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

exe files not opening

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 KHADREE_SHARIFF

KHADREE_SHARIFF

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 28 November 2008 - 12:10 AM

hii,

my office pc was infected with RUNOUCE.EXE virus & i had used quickheal for repairing infected files !!
during scan it was showing almost all the exe are being scanned & repaired !!

after reboot i was shocked when i double click on an exe file not a single exe file is opening/
even in short cutt or directly frm the installed folder ( even wordpad/excel/autocad/yahoomessenger...every EXE file )
i tried with "exefix_xp.com" to fix extensions in registry ! but it didnt worked in my case.
even i tried system restore & it is showing unable to restore ...
when i tried to uninstall some programs from add or remove it is even not aloowing to uninstall ( as uninstall is also an exe file)
i tried with ccleaner tooo .. same problemmm ..

my regedit is opening & ie explorer is opening !
help me in sorting out this one !
plzzzz its urgenttt ! as my work is hang uppp....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 PM

Posted 28 November 2008 - 08:25 AM

Hello KHADREE_SHARIFF. Welcome to BC.

Please download this file to your desktop. Right click and select "Extract All". Double click xp_exe_fix.reg and import the data.

If you are not able to do that. Open your Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del). Click File>Run..
regedit.exe /s "%userprofile%\desktop\xp_exe_fix.reg"
If now your .exes will run..

Download and Run DAFT
This tool will find and fix problems with your file extension associations.
  • Download daft.exe by Deckard to your desktop.
  • Double click daft.exe to run it.
  • Click Scan.
  • Put a check mark beside all boxes, unless you specifically know of the program that changed it.
  • Click Fix.
  • Clost out of daft.

With Regards,
The Panda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users