Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Cooling Pad

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zhengn

zhengn

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 27 November 2008 - 11:33 PM

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about getting a laptop cooling pad for my hp pavilion dv6000, which i think sucks in air.
Would i have to get a pad which also sucks in air (which also has the problem of dust getting clogged)
or could i possibly get a pad which blows air away, and somehow turn the fans off?
Or would it not matter?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 28 November 2008 - 12:38 PM

Both the laptop and cooling pad have an intake and exhaust. They don't just do one or the other. The intake is at the back of the laptop and the exhaust is on the bottom. That is why it is important the have the laptop on a hard surface. When a laptop starts to get hot, it means the intake is usually clogged. Sometimes this can be fixed by getting a can of compressed air and directing the nozzle in the vent opening and blowing it out
Laptops do run hot and a cooling pad will help. The same cleaning procedure applies
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users