Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question:CPU Temp in relation to it's speed

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ellypho

Ellypho

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 27 November 2008 - 07:34 PM

Hello World!
I am building a custom case for a youtube/Starcraft dedicated machine. This machine is running a PIII and whatever AGP GPU above 64Mb i can get my hands on. Now this machine runs like a dream for what it was build to do i<ve never had a machine run as well for what it was conceived for i'm happy. However i know i cant speed up my clock speeds since it's a DELL(ewwwww) mobo and i had learnt the a really cold processor will run slow same for a really hot processor. So what would the ideal temp for a P3 be? And where might or how might i find out the ideal running temp of a CPU?
Thanks a bunch
Lyph
CompTIA A+ certified

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 28 November 2008 - 12:28 PM

You will need to gather the CPU info off of the top of it. It is usually identified with a Alpha-numeric designation. Once you have that info, google it.

For example, an Intel P4 2.66GHz processor has the designation SL6PE on its top.

I googled it and got the following link:

http://processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SL6PE

Do the same with yours and you will find out what the running temp should be.

Good luck.

DR

#3 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 AM

Posted 28 November 2008 - 05:16 PM

thats a good one DR,,, did'nt know that,,,, thanks.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#4 Ellypho

Ellypho
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 29 November 2008 - 09:07 PM

cool thanks man!
CompTIA A+ certified

0 user(s) are reading this topic