Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

my laptop speaker not working properly

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bharathwaj vijay

bharathwaj vijay

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 27 November 2008 - 06:30 PM

it is everex stepnote nv3500w with windows xp pro, 1gb ram and 40gb hard disc . every time I have to listen to something I have to shake the laptop and it will work for sometime then I have to do the same thing again to make it work. I would like to know what seem to be the problem and how can I fix it.
If you want any futher information about my pc please tell me how to create any information.
Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ellypho

Ellypho

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 AM

Posted 27 November 2008 - 07:18 PM

Hey

it seems to me that you have a hardware issue with your laptop either a cable is unplugged or there's something up with the built in audio card. In any case you will want to bring this laptop to a certified professional as disassembling and reassembling a laptop is much harder compared to a desktop PC. That said if you feel you are up to to the challenge and it does not concern you that you may damage your hardware you can certainly find a tutorial on how to disassemble your laptop and replug all the necessary connections which i feel is the issue with your laptop.
CompTIA A+ certified

#3 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 27 November 2008 - 07:24 PM

Just to confirm, could you plug-in a set of external speakers to see if you don't have any issues.
If shaking it corrects the problem, there's a good chance that there is a loose connection with your speaker. Unfortunately, with an embedded speaker system, there might not be a lot you can do.

I wouldn't shake your laptop too much, you may end up with a bigger problem than occasional loss of sound.

Good-luck.

Edited by Joshuacat, 27 November 2008 - 07:26 PM.

JC

#4 likhary

likhary

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2008 - 06:37 AM

you feel you are up to to the challenge and it does not concern you that you may damage your hardware you can certainly find a tutorial on how to disassemble your laptop and replug all the necessary connections which i feel is the issue with your laptop.

#5 Ellypho

Ellypho

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2008 - 11:54 AM

Yeah that's a very good idea JC, I never thought of that but yes you would indeed be able to deduct wether it is the card or the connection that is faulty. One more thing it could be the card's IRQ but that is unlikely as this is a laptop and everything is embedded i think it is a connection issue.

Cheers
Lyph
CompTIA A+ certified

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users