Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems with Yahoo Mail - attachments, logout, address book...more

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 davetz

davetz

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 27 November 2008 - 04:27 PM

I thought this might be malware but I had a scan done on this site
( http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...p;#entry1015729 ) and logs look clean. Running XP, Spybot Search and Destroy, and AvAst Antivirus... with Opera 9.62 and IE7 anytime I go to Yahoo mail and try to sign out, I can't. It brings me to www.yahoo.com, then if I click on their "mail icon" I am brought right back to my mailbox. Also, when I try to attach a file, when I click "attach" I am directed to www.yahoo.com and can never attach. Finally, when I click on "insert address" while composing mail, I am brought to the signin/password page. None of this happens with Gmail, none of this happens with these accounts on other computers. I think it is cookies/firewall? related but I am no expert. Can anyone help?
Thanks!

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,730 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 27 November 2008 - 04:37 PM

I suspect that the Yahoo software is corrupt...always my #1 suspect when programs misbehave after working properly.

Once that is eliminated, I look around for unlikely suspects.

Louis

#3 davetz

davetz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 28 November 2008 - 09:27 AM

Thanks! But I'm not sure what that means? Problems on yahoo's end? I emailed customer support there and they just send me to the "how to send an attachment" page--twice, absolutely no help. So is there any other recourse if that's what you mean? Is there a more direct route to emailing a live person there?
thanks

#4 Guest_fuzzywuzzy6_*

Guest_fuzzywuzzy6_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 22 December 2008 - 07:15 PM

Go to their main site to see if they have a live chat or phone call option.

I think the previous commenter meant that the software from Yahoo might be corrupted in your hard drive. You could get another download from Yahoo if you do not have the cd to reload your hard drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users