Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Removing taquito.exe

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 mwilliam

mwilliam

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 PM

Posted 27 November 2008 - 03:21 PM

Hello,

This is my first post so I'm not sure what is required. Recently I plugged my friends external hard drive into my computer. The next day I got a warning about the the taquito.exe worm. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium, 32 bit. I have an HP a6120n computer. I have SpySweeper and Symantec AV. The first 5 or 6 times I restarted my computer, a popup titled taquito.exe came up when the computer initially loaded. I ran Trojan Hunter and Spyzooka to try to remove it. Neither reported finding or removing it. At this point, however, the popup is gone when the computer loads. I want to know if there is a way I can ensure the worm is removed.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 merzin

merzin

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 27 November 2008 - 03:31 PM

Howdy mwilliam and welcome..
Fist I would download Hijackthis then run and click "do a system scan and save log.. Copy and paste it in a new post in the forum below Hijackthis Forum.. Please read the direction found HERE and follow what to do before posting a log!
Amd Phenom 955 @ 3.8ghz
2 gigs OCZ 1333
4 Velociraptor's in Raid 0
2 750 gig HD's in Raid 1
Pc&p 1200 watt
Saphire Tech 4890

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 27 November 2008 - 04:05 PM

Not every infection requires a HiJackThis log, and the HiJackThis Team has a backlog of logs that need to be worked.
I am going to move this over to the Am I Infected forum, where the malware experts can give you a hand.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 29 November 2008 - 01:47 AM

Hello mwilliam,

Now that you have a HJT log posted in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, you shouldn't make any changes to your system.
Doing so, could change the results of the posted log, making it difficult to properly clean your system.

At this point, the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.
Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are very busy working on logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible.

If after 5 days you still have received no response, then post a link to your HJT log in the thread titled "Haven't Had A Reply In Five Days?".

This topic will now be closed.
If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users