Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

mcsysmon driving me crazy

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ONE

ONE

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 27 November 2008 - 06:15 AM

Hey all,
I have been wrestling mcsysmon.exe for the last month or so. I'm pretty sure this is the process that keeps popping up "You have not checked your computer for updates in five days". It is driving me crazy, and stealing too much CPU power during the most horrible times.

I was wondering if: 1. is this the process causing this disturbance?
2. if I can simply delete it from the Virus Scan Folder to rid the problem?
3. if there is another way around this issue?

I don't want to shut off all the functions in the McAfee System Guard Services Package, so shutting it off through msconfig seems out of the question. I have shut off both Windows Update Scanner and McAfee's Update Scanner; this doesn't stop it from running a mock. I would be most appreciative to any advise regarding this issue.

Thank You to all who help.

-One

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 AM

Posted 27 November 2008 - 11:16 AM

Some info on the problem here:
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=147891

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=8230
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users