Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

missing language.dll

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gasman16

gasman16

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 26 November 2008 - 11:13 PM

i play links golf online, and regularly download golf courses from links corner. the downloads are safe and i always check them. these files come in zipped and i can unpack them right into the course folder of the game.
recently however, i've not been able to unzip them. when i try to open them, i get a window that says "cannot find language.dll in C:\program files\microsoft games\links2003\linksrestorefiles\assets\binaries"
i've uninstalled the game and re installed it. i've even gone to the trouble of purchasing a new game and still this window comes up. i dont even get the option of "extract to" when i right click on the file icon. Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 27 November 2008 - 12:06 PM

Un-install the game, Delete the program folder for the game and any Configuration files store in your User Profile. Generally programs store settings
in %UserProfile% which in Vista is located in C:\users\YourUserName\AppData or C:\users\YourUserName\Documents The AppData folder is a hidden
file so you'll want to tell Windows to show hidden files.

open up Explorer and go Tools>Folder Options and Click the View tab. Bullet point the "Show Hidden Files" option.

ModEdit: Backup your registry prior to attempting to modify the registry in any way. Use the Export function in Registry Editor, System Restore, or the excellent, free program ERUNT (available here: http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/ )

Also you'll want to delete the Registry Key for the Golf Game. This is usually Named after the Vendor or the Name of the Game.

The key will likely be in HKLM\Software\VendorName Or HKLM\Software\NameOfGame

After you uninstall and delete the registry key, Open Windows Update, and click on Change Setting. Choose the option to Download but let me choose what to install.
You should allow the Urgent/Critical and recommended updates as these are the ones Windows would normally install. Search through the the optional and see if you
find any related to Language.

Re-install your game and run Windows Update again. This should fix your problem.

Cheers

Edited by usasma, 27 November 2008 - 12:31 PM.
Registry backup advice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users