Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why does adobe acrobat reader pop up everytime I get a virus?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Imaloser

Imaloser

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:56 PM

I have no idea if this is the right section or not, so please feel free to move it to the right forum.

Just 2 questions...

Okay, lets say im browsing the web, and then suddenly, I would be presented with adobe acrobats loading screen (I did not click on this), after it is finished, I would get these fake alert msgs at the bottom of my screen saying I have a virus and blahblahblah (you know the drill). Why is this?

I thought it was just my crappy computer or something, so I tried it on my dad's comp. He didnt get the loading screen, but he got a pop up saying "A program is trying to open up using adobe acrobat. Will you allow this?" How do I enable that?

Thanks. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Michael-Anthony

Michael-Anthony

• Banned
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 28 November 2008 - 09:47 AM

I would say ditch adobe.

Any company that doesn't ask you whether or not you want to install another software (adobe air) isnt worth my time.

Foxit reader loads faster, doesn't hog down my system, and doesnt prompt me for accessability options every time i start it. (im not blind, deaf or otherwise handicapped, and adobe should know this with all the privacy invasion they take part in.)

Then i would say contact one of the experts either here, or in the "am i infected" forum. you might also want to post a hijackthis log in the hijackthis log forum.

It sounds like you have smitfraud but I could be wrong.

DO NOT DO ANYTHING BASED ON MY ADVICE, SEEK THE ADVICE OF A MORE EXPERIENCED PROFESSIONAL!!

Edited by Michael-Anthony, 28 November 2008 - 09:49 AM.

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 28 November 2008 - 12:22 PM

I would say that unless you opened a .pdf file you probably have some sort of infection and it sounds like it's both computers. If the computers are behind a router, disconnect from the internet, reset the router, and give it a strong password.
As suggested, you might want to post each computer individually in Am I Infected.
I would do this before proceeding to HijackThis
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users