Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Chunx_A Introduction

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chunx_A

Chunx_A

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 26 November 2008 - 06:37 PM

Just introducing myself to the staff.

I am my household's "IT Professional" but really just an amatuer with an interest in PCs. I've built a few gaming rigs on my own, and have some knowledge of PCs and software, but certainly no expert.

I do find myself getting smarter on PCs via my spouse, who's museum curator job takes her to obscure websites that have now, on 2 occasions delivered internet attacks against her PC (one from an art history website, the other from a site that offers museum display cases. Go figure).

As a result I am gaining a deeper appreciation of Spyware and Malware and how easy it is to become infected with it!

My current post is a request for help with an MBAM report telling me that there are some Registry Values that would indicate a Trojan.Agent attack on her PC. But, her PC runs pretty smoothly with no visible issues. Help would be greatly appreciated! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:08 PM

Hi Chunx_A Security uppermost , please take a look here it may help. :thumbsup:

#3 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2008 - 07:16 AM

:thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer :flowers:

Enjoy your stay and good luck
~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

#4 Chunx_A

Chunx_A
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 27 November 2008 - 11:05 AM

As per the above, I have updated my post with Kaspersky and RSIT logs, here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/182278/possible-trojanagent-infection-but-no-symptoms/

Kaspersky mentions a Podnuha Rookit, but Malware Bytes thinks it is a Trojan.Agent. Hope someone can help. Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users