Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Confused about the "Bailout"?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BonaDea2008

BonaDea2008

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 26 November 2008 - 06:06 PM

A friend of mine recently emailed me the link to a radio show that cleared the whole mess up. in fact, I now understand, with "crystal clarity", exactly what happened, thanks to this broadcast. The show was an edition of "This American Life" on NPR. I've been sharing the link with everyone.

hxxp://www.thisamericanlife.org/Radio_Episode.aspx?sched=1263

For safety sake, I replaced the usual "tt" in http with "xx". If you're confused about that, just paste the link in your address bar and replace the "xx" with "tt".

Hope this is as enlightening to others as it has been to me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DnDer

DnDer

• Members
  • 646 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:37 AM

I stumbled across this very topic over on youtube the other day. A really brilliant guy broke it down for someone even as dumb as me.

#3 scissorhands7

scissorhands7

• Banned
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 06 December 2008 - 01:49 PM

Credit default swaps =/= mess we are in now.

Global trading of derivatives on derivatives = mess we are in now

Google derivatives and do some research on it.

The subprime mortgage meltdown was a byproduct of Allan Greenspan not mopping up the liquidity he put into the market when the dot com crash hit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users