Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen Mini Dump

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MikeDivine

MikeDivine

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 26 November 2008 - 05:58 PM

Vista PC keeps going to blue screen and restarts and then keeps doing it until I turn off power and wait for a while.
I ran dumpchk on the Minidump file and I got this error 0x1a which Microsoft bug codes (Click here for those) says has to do with MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. My bug code parameter 1 is 0x41790 which isn't listed as a common code but is close to 0x41785 which is listed as: The working set list is corrupted.

Also says probably caused by SYMEVENT.SYS

Something to do with symantec which we do have the antivirus software installed but sounds like some RAM is maybe bad? Any ideas on if it is bad RAM or something else?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 26 November 2008 - 06:21 PM

Let's back up a minute. I've recently seen another post with similar issues.

The problem with these errors is that you may not see these bugs until something that interacts with the problem software, SYMEVENT.SYS in this
case, exploits the bug whether it was meant to work that way or not.

Bad Drivers can cause this issue also. I would have you run the memory diagnostic utility from the Vista Bootup DVD

See here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/using-vista-windows-memory-diagnostics-tool/

If your memory Tests good, please reboot and Tap the F8 key upon booting the PC, and Arrow down to the Last Known Good Configuration
and see if you're able to boot into Vista. If not, See the following Utility to repair Windows Vista:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/repair-windows-with-windows-startup-repair/

If Neither of those options are effective, Then you'll want to run A hard drive diagnostic utility to check for a bad hard drive.

PS Is this is Desk top or laptop pc?
If a Desktop, is it a custom build?

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:25 PM

Here's a description of the error message: http://aumha.org/a/stop.php#0x1a
Note that it says "usually" hardware related. If you have several dump files, analyze them. If they all refer to Symantec - then it's likely to be a problem with the Symantec software. If the file names change around, then it's more likely to be hardware related.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 MikeDivine

MikeDivine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:25 PM

Yea it seems it's with different files such as a Mini dump from 5 days earlier which said it was this file:

ntkrnlpa.exe which has this on wikipedia:

ntkrnlpa.exe is the kernel image for the family of Microsoft Windows NT operating systems. It provides the Microkernel and Executive layers of the Windows NT kernel space, and is responsible for various system services such as hardware virtualisation, process and memory management, etc., thus making it a fundamental part of the system. It contains the Cache Manager, the Executive, the Kernel, the Security Reference Monitor, the Memory Manager, and the Scheduler, among other things.[1]

So you think it's some bad RAM? usasma?

And I will do a memory test and a hard drive test and see what they say.

Thanks for the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users