Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I have a ghost writer lol

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 tinman48

tinman48

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 26 November 2008 - 04:51 PM

today some strange typing began in note pad. i had been using notepad, then saved and closed program. Then it opened back up on its own and typing appeared. the typing was in phrases or partial phrases with no punctuation. when I clicked the mouse on other prgrams the typing stopped. when I clicked back on notepad typing resumed. i disconnected from the internet, physically unplugged my router and the typing continued. Any Ideas out there

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 26 November 2008 - 06:28 PM

Get a better notepad.

Here:

http://www.mattberther.com/2006/11/19/repl...-windows-vista/

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:26 PM

Do you have a microphone attached to your system? Could speech recognition have been turned on?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 tinman48

tinman48
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:04 PM

1.dont understand how a new notepad would fix problem. 2.my laptop has built in microphone, but nobody was speaking and it was typing.

here is some of the text...
...alot of years died all odds all know all around and michael's raiders were one or two when a game in sin rule of law is no one is how will this is going down...

this was not on the tv and there was nobody talking. no other programs were running and internet was turned off by unplugging satelite and router. I live in the country, 700 feet from the road and nearest neighbor is about 600 feet, but regardless there was no wireless networks to available connect to.

weird huh?

#5 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 27 November 2008 - 12:49 AM

I haven't got a clue as to what's going on with your machine, but if it was mine, I'd either reformat or do a repair install! :huh:

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#6 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2008 - 01:40 AM

1.dont understand how a new notepad would fix problem. 2.my laptop has built in microphone, but nobody was speaking and it was typing.

If voice recognition is on as usasma suggests, you could install a new notepad, which isn't afflicted with the problems of voice recognition that's built into Vista.
By the looks of what you're seeing in notepad currently, you either have a Virus, or Voice Recognition turned on and a VERY sensitive microphone.

#7 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2008 - 04:55 AM

If voice recognition isn't trained, it'll make up words as it hears things.
The definitive test is easy, just turn off the microphone in the sound panel and see if the mystery typist goes away.

Edited by usasma, 27 November 2008 - 04:55 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#8 tinman48

tinman48
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2008 - 06:34 AM

yep, turning off voice recognition stopped the typing. I will leave it off untill its trained thanks usasma

#9 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2008 - 11:38 AM

Glad we could help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users