Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE won't open..Help please!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DropShadow

DropShadow

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 AM

Posted 26 November 2008 - 04:32 PM

I hope this is where I am suppose to put this...

About 3 weeks ago I had turned on my computer for the first time since I moved. It loaded just fine, I couldn't type in my power on password though because I forgot to plug the keyboard in. I plugged the keyboard in while the computer was still on. The keyboard failed to work so I restarted. I got past the dell page and then it went to a black page that said...some error ..press CTL ALT DEL, I did and it just said the same thing over and over again. It would not load Windows. I couldn't afford to take it anywhere so we just asked a few people who knew what might have happened. One said I might have ruined the motherboard and one said that I might have blown a fuse somewhere, I wasn't suppose to plug anything in unless the computer is turned off. I have done it in the past and nothing like this happened. We couldn't figure it out so we did a system restore and I lost a bunch of stuff:( It started to work fine but then my husband had to search for drivers cause my sound wasn't working and some other stuff. I have done a few updates cause it says im missing 27 updates. It found a bunch of drivers cause I downloaded a driver detector and it said I had 45% of my drivers were out of date. My husband never does updates he says it messes with the computer. Anyway he is downloading a program and and tries to run it and the computer freezes. If we try to go into IE it freezes and the message about I.E has caused a problem and needs to be closed. Send report or Don't send... I don't use IE I use Firefox. I did an update yesterday and that was the last time that i know that IE has worked. I can download a HiJack this app but can't load it...computer freezes up and some dr watson message comes up.

I am sorry this is so long but I wanted someone to know what was goin on and I hope it makes sense..LOL...any help is immensely appreciated :thumbsup:

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 26 November 2008 - 06:29 PM

Are you aware that there was a response to your HJT post and it was closed because you never posted back?
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/163697/trojannot-sure-what-trojan-more/
If you would like to continue with that process, sent me a PM and I will reopen it and let the member know
If you need to know how to subscribe to a thread so it doesn't get lost, follow this procedure:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/33013/how-to-subscribe-to-an-existing-topic-so-you-are-notified-when-there-are-replies/
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users