Posted 09 May 2005 - 09:20 PM
Try running all those programs (except HJT) in Safe Mode. If you are not sure how to boot in Safe Mode there is a tutorial here: Safe Mode
If you are still unable to get internet access than do the following (copy from another PC if necessary):
- Create a new folder, under the C: drive, called "hjt". If it already exists delete any files that may be in it. If you have a shortcut to HijackThis on the desktop, delete it.
- Download the latest version of HijackThis from the following link:
HijackThis Download Link
In the 'Save To:' box type "c:\hjt"
- Unzip HijackThis to the folder you created:
Navigate to the hjt folder and double click on the HijackThis.zip file. For WindowsXP in the left hand column click 'Extract all Files' the Extraction Wizard will pop up. Click Next, then Browse. Select the HJT folder you created, then click OK. OR If you have WinZip installed you answer 'Agree' and a window will open showing you HijackThis.exe inside the zip file. Click the 'Extract' icon. An extract window will open. In the 'Folders/Drives' section select the C: drive and then the 'hjt' folder. In the "Extract to:" pane it should show "c:\hjt". Select the "All files" button and tick "Overwrite existing files" then click the "Extract" button on the right. Close Winzip.
You should now have HijackThis.exe in your hjt folder.
- Navigate to the c:\hjt folder.
- Double-click on hijackthis.exe and when the window opens, put a checkmark in the box at the bottom that states Don't show this frame again when I start HijackThis.
- Click on the button labeled None of the above, just start the program.
You will now be presented with the main HJT screen.
- Press the Scan button and then when it is done,the Save Log button. Save this log in c:\hjt.
- A Notepad window opens containing your log file.
Go to the HJT Logs and Analysis forum, read the pinned posts, and then open a new topic with a description of your problem and post the full contents of the notepad file there. Trained malware removal experts will get back to you with instructions on cleaning your PC.
Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.