Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is iWinGamesHookIE.dll really a bad file?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 merzin

merzin

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:39 AM

I was doing a regular check of my computer and checked my log on hijackthis.de and it keeps telling me iWinGamesHookIE.dll needs to be fixed.?
Although my antivirus says it is a low threat. I use Vipre. My wife plays all the games from Iwin and Playfirst. If it is that bad of a file or program is there and alternative game site that has games like that or is it like wild tangent was sorta bad but not bad anymore?
Sorry if it is confusing lol have ot had my coffee yet.. And she is yelling at me not to take it off the pc :thumbsup:

Just in case here is my log..I have 4 partitions and have my program files on the D drive in case that is in question

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 9:35:24 AM, on 11/26/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe
D:\Program Files\Diskeeper Corporation\Diskeeper\DkService.exe
D:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
D:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
D:\Program Files\Sunbelt Software\VIPRE\SBAMSvc.exe
D:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\StarWind\StarWindServiceAE.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
D:\Program Files\Sunbelt Software\VIPRE\SBAMTray.exe
D:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
D:\program files\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe
E:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://google.com/
O2 - BHO: Java™ Plug-In SSV Helper - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: IEHlprObj Class - {8CA5ED52-F3FB-4414-A105-2E3491156990} - C:\DOCUME~1\Brandon\Desktop\Games\IWINGA~1\IWINGA~1.DLL (file missing)
O2 - BHO: Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [amd_dc_opt] C:\Program Files\AMD\Dual-Core Optimizer\amd_dc_opt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] D:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SBAMTray] D:\Program Files\Sunbelt Software\VIPRE\SBAMTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZoneAlarm Client] "D:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [STYLEXP] D:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXP.exe -Hide
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AlcoholAutomount] "D:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\axcmd.exe" /automount
O16 - DPF: {0E5F0222-96B9-11D3-8997-00104BD12D94} (PCPitstop Utility) - http://pcpitstop.com/betapit/PCPitStop.CAB
O16 - DPF: {F6ACF75C-C32C-447B-9BEF-46B766368D29} (Creative Software AutoUpdate Support Package) - http://www.creative.com/softwareupdate/su2...15106/CTPID.cab
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe
O23 - Service: Diskeeper - Diskeeper Corporation - D:\Program Files\Diskeeper Corporation\Diskeeper\DkService.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company -D:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: VIPRE Antivirus + Antispyware (SBAMSvc) - Sunbelt Software - D:\Program Files\Sunbelt Software\VIPRE\SBAMSvc.exe
O23 - Service: StarWind AE Service (StarWindServiceAE) - Rocket Division Software -D:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\StarWind\StarWindServiceAE.exe
O23 - Service: StyleXPService - Unknown owner - D:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXPService.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

--
End of file - 4086 bytes
Amd Phenom 955 @ 3.8ghz
2 gigs OCZ 1333
4 Velociraptor's in Raid 0
2 750 gig HD's in Raid 1
Pc&p 1200 watt
Saphire Tech 4890

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 27 November 2008 - 04:24 PM

I was doing a regular check of my computer and checked my log on hijackthis.de and it keeps telling me iWinGamesHookIE.dll needs to be fixed.?

Yes, fix that entry:

O2 - BHO: IEHlprObj Class - {8CA5ED52-F3FB-4414-A105-2E3491156990} - C:\DOCUME~1\Brandon\Desktop\Games\IWINGA~1\IWINGA~1.DLL (file missing)

The file is already gone anyway, so above is an orphaned leftover and no need to be present.

By the way, this thread you started last week: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/180953/cant-figure-pop-up-problem-totally-protected/
Is that issue already resolved? Because this appears to be from the same computer (however, a lot of changes were done in a meanwhile)
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#3 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 07 December 2008 - 04:34 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this Topic is closed.
If you need this topic reopened for continuations of existing problems, please request this by sending me a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users