Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan/Virus changed windows login password

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 limbo_inc

limbo_inc

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:06 AM

Ok call me crazy but this is what's happened.
I recently installed a fresh windows XP with SP3. 2 days ago
After downloading some torrents, i got some trojan/virus activity and the antivirus system started to remove them. I am running Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009. Did a full scan and it cleaned all the computer or so i thought.
It then crashed.

Upon reboot it now asks for login & password.
I've never had a password or installed in with one also it was never setup to request password.

Now i can't get in, either in safemode or normal.
I've even tried some of the windows password hacking, but that's not working

Anyone have any solution without reinstalling?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 26 November 2008 - 11:21 AM

It is against the policy of BleepingComputer to provide information on methods to reset or bypass the Administrator password. Though your question is most likely legitimate, there are others who may read this topic and use the information for less savory reasons. It is for these reasons we do not provide this type of information.

If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a private message or an email. Thank you for your understanding.

rigel
BleepingComputer Forums Moderator

Reference: BleepingComputer Board Rules

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users