Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivirus 2009 gallimp.com pop up

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bccomp08

bccomp08

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 PM

Posted 26 November 2008 - 03:53 AM

Hi all,

I'm getting the MSIE pop ups advertising the Antivirus 2009 by gallimp.com and I've used Malware, ATF Remover, Spyware Doctor, and SUPERAntiSpyware to no avail. I've tried running them all in different combinations of sequences in both safe mode and disconnected too, but perhaps not in the right order to get rid of this really irritating bug.

Please help!!

Thanks in advance,
Brian

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:37 AM

What is your operating system ?? The scans produced nothing or did not run,I'm not sure.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 bccomp08

bccomp08
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 PM

Posted 26 November 2008 - 12:27 PM

XP Professional. All the antivirus programs (Malaware, ATF Cleaner, SuperAntispyware, Spy Doctor) worked fine except that once it scanned and removed the infected files/registry keys, and I rebooted, and went back to browse the Internet, the pop-ups would occur again.

But I think I have "fixed" it a dirty way.

I recalled I got "infected" some time late 11/24/08, so I went into the C:\WINDOWS\system32\ and sorted the files by date and found this weird file "iwozajiy.cfg" from the same time that was hidden. I renamed it "iwozajiyxxx.cfg" and the system seems fine now, i.e. no popups and CPU usage is ~4% (while infected, it was using up to 50% consistently).

I will post again if I have more problems.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 26 November 2008 - 12:42 PM

OK thank you!!
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users