Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer broke while using ComboFix.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SonicSmash

SonicSmash

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 26 November 2008 - 01:26 AM

Ok so I was directed by a user from Safer-Networking forums to use ComboFix and sometime late in the second attempt to use it (at the point where it says to wait for a restart) it stopped running and my computer hung. I tried waiting for a few hours but nothing changed. So I manually restarted my computer. Ever since then I've been getting a BSOD on startup:

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000135 (0x00000000 0x00000000).
The system has been shut down.

I poked around a bit and discovered that this is the same BSOD used by MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware to force a restart. Based on the evidence, I believe there is some flag that was set by ComboFix to cause the BSOD (and thus a restart) that was never removed. Could somebody who knows a bit about ComboFix help me out? Here is a link to the thread I was involved in when using ComboFix:

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=35782

We tried a few things but ultimately none of them worked. Could somebody please help me?

Edited by SonicSmash, 26 November 2008 - 01:33 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 26 November 2008 - 12:01 PM

Combofix is not to be used outside our HJT forums
I would suggest posting in our HJT forum or going back to where you were being helped. You never did respond back and they closed your thread.

FWIW, I agree with Shaba. It's time to reformat and reinstall
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Michael-Anthony

Michael-Anthony

• Banned
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 26 November 2008 - 12:09 PM

i second that thought

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users