Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Print Screen doubt?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 encyclogames

encyclogames

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 AM

Posted 26 November 2008 - 12:47 AM

Well,the thing is that i have FL studio 8 and i have been making some music pretty while lately . One of my friends also got it downloaded but needs my "tutorials" on how to use it.
I was thinking of using the "Print screen" feature of Windows to take snapshots of the screen to send it to him but i dont know how to use it.
Do you just press the "print screen" button and thats it ???if so ,where are the images saved ???
or do you need to press a key combination or something ,i dont know.........
it would also help if i could save the snapshots later in case my other friends would want it
If anyone could explain this to me (ironically,it's one of the only things i dont know about XP) it'll help me a lot!!!

-E.G aka encyclogames

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 AM

Posted 26 November 2008 - 12:54 AM

After you take the screen-shot by pressing PrtScn, you then need to open an application such as Paint and paste the image.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 PM

Posted 27 November 2008 - 09:14 PM

When you hit the Print Screen button, it stores the image to the Clipboard.
Just like when you highlight some text, right-click, and select Copy.
It will stay there until you copy something else, or close Windows.

To view it, you need to do as Budapest suggested.
Open Paint, or any image editing program you use, and select File/Paste.
That will paste the image into the program.
Do whatever editing you want to, then just select File/Save As..., name it, and save it to a file.
Once it's saved to a file, it will remain there until you delete it.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 Galadriel

Galadriel

Bleepin Elf

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,753 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2008 - 09:40 PM

Or you could use a program like this one. Gadwin PrintScreen

Been in my toolbox for years, absolutely love it. Easy to use, easy to setup and configure.
I cemna prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ne chae. A han noston ne 'wilith. - Galadriel
'The avatar is changed; I can feel it in the water, I can feel it in the earth, I can smell it in the air.'

Phear teh ceiling cat, for he is roofkittehd! - Basement Cat

I'm a Bleeping Folder, are you? - Join BC in the fight against diseases - Click here

#5 encyclogames

encyclogames
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 AM

Posted 29 November 2008 - 12:31 AM

gee!!!! thnx guys.Now that helps a lot!!!

#6 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2008 - 01:07 AM

You're welcome, encyclogames.
Glad to help.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users