Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

EPSON WorkForce 600 Wireless Printer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 costerm

costerm

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 25 November 2008 - 11:24 PM

I am having a problem connecting to my EPSON WorkForce 600 printer from a laptop, which is running Windows XP Pro. The printer was initially set up for wireless printing from a desktop pc (Windows XP Pro). The desktop is wired to the router and talks to the printer through via wireless just fine. I can print from this pc and another laptop, which is running vista without problems. I have tried disabling the firewall (Comodo Internet Security) on the XP Pro laptop, but I cannot even see the printer on the network. Finding the printer on the network was a snap from the vista laptop, but it does not seem to be the case for the XP one. Does anyone know what could be causing this problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 27 November 2008 - 08:54 PM

Greetings,

Did you attempt to Add a printer through Printers and Faxes? You also need the printer's driver installed on the computer you want to use.

Try this and let me know if you need further assistance.

RandomUser

#3 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 27 November 2008 - 09:02 PM

Further to what RandomUser mentions about loading the printer software.
From the support page for your printer - Here

You will see the following:
Drivers / Network Installer / Epson EasyPrint
Windows Vista 32-bit Edition, Windows XP, Windows 2000
epson12691.exe - 32.3MB - posted on 08/05/08

Good-luck.
JC

#4 costerm

costerm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2008 - 11:49 PM

I was trying to add the printer through Printers and Faxes like RandomUser had mentioned, but I did not pre-install the drivers. For whatever reason, I did not have to do this for the Vista machine. In any case, thanks for the advice - I'll give it a shot!

#5 costerm

costerm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2008 - 12:12 AM

Everything worked great! Thanks for all the help!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users