Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Menu Stuck On Screen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Noctis

Noctis

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 25 November 2008 - 09:45 PM

Hi I have a Compaq Presario SR1820NX and a Geforce 8500 GT running the latest driver. Sometimes, when I select an option from the right click menu, the selection gets stuck on the screen. This started happening AFTER I updated my drivers, but before doing that, my computer would sometimes change the resolution to 800 x 600! I had managed to stop the resolution resets permanently, and the right click menu errors for a short while (by changing the page file size) but now it comes back. Here is a picture:
Posted Image
Does anyone else have this problem or know of a fix?
EDIT: Forgot to mention I'm on Windows XP Home with Service Pack 2

Edited by Noctis, 25 November 2008 - 09:48 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Michael-Anthony

Michael-Anthony

• Banned
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2008 - 09:50 PM

actually I have the same on my HP sr2020nx running the geforce 6150 LE with latest drivers.. havent run into the res changing prob but have the hanging menu problem sometimes.

I have really no clue how to fix it just thought I would validate that others experience it.

#3 Noctis

Noctis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2008 - 09:51 PM

Thanks for your reply. It's really quite annoying, isn't it? I never had this problem with my 6150 but, then again I never updated those drivers. No one on Yahoo! Answers bothered to answer, so I thought I would come here to see if there is a fix. Does ANYONE know how to fix this? :thumbsup:

Edited by Noctis, 25 November 2008 - 10:05 PM.

#4 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:22 AM

Hi Noctis,

Have you updated to SP3? If you are still at SP2, it's possible that the drivers you downloaded were created for SP3 and Vista.

Zllio

#5 Michael-Anthony

Michael-Anthony

• Banned
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2008 - 08:56 AM

well i found this and this one may help

#6 Noctis

Noctis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2008 - 04:11 PM

Hi Noctis,

Have you updated to SP3? If you are still at SP2, it's possible that the drivers you downloaded were created for SP3 and Vista.

Zllio

No, I'm still using SP2 (heard there are some problems with SP3).

well i found this and this one may help

Hey thanks for that second link. I'm gonna try it and see if it works. I'll keep you guys posted over the next couple of days :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users