Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help finding updated ATI Graphics Driver Radeon 200M series

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 yorocco7

yorocco7

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 AM

Posted 25 November 2008 - 04:09 PM

Hi, I need help with a Graphics issue. My laptop renders my external Monitors slightly out of focus or fuzzy. I thought it was the Monitor but when I hook up my much older PC (running XP) the Screen quality is fine! I got a different monitor hooked up to it now. The screen is still fuzzy. I noticed a few other weird issues.
-When I hook up the Flat Screen exterior Monitor to my laptop both Monitors stay on. When I hook up my Laptop to my old heavy Tube monitor the Laptop monitor automatically turns off.
-When I go into Personalize/Display Setting it has 2 monitors showing. The Exterior is #1 & the Lap is #2. The max setting for Monitor #1 is 1924 X 768. #2 has a ton of choices. maxing out at: 1920 X 1080.

My Computer friend said I probably do not have the right &/or updated ATI Radeon Xpress 200M Series Graphics drivers. I went to ATI website & they didnít have drivers listed for that series. Itís probably too old (2006). I was able to download ATI Catalysis:
8-11_vista#32_dd_70229.exe
vista#32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu 70229.exe

I installed both & rebooted & nothing changed. Iím not sure if I did something wrong during the install. I even went into the Display setting/Advanced/ Monitor/Properties/Drivers & had the system directed to : 8-11_vista#32_dd_70229.exe
I thought there would be some prompts to help me optimize the display. Nothing happened. So I guess what Iím asking is:
-What Graphic drivers do I need to be up-to-date?
-Where can I find them?
(since I had no luck at ATI or AMD)
-Could the problem do that My laptop monitor is interfering with the setting on the Exterior Monitor?-
-Anyone know how to manually turn off Laptop monitor while Ext. Monitor is working using Vista & Toshiba laptop?

I have all the specifications listed below. I would greatly appreciate your help.
Thanks
-----------------------------
Toshiba Satellite laptop S119- Business Vista (32 bit) - SP1- Intel Celeron Proc. 1.5 GHz
2 Gig Ram- Display adapter: Radeon Xpress 220M series (Microsoft Corp WDDM)

--------------------------------

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 AM

Posted 25 November 2008 - 07:37 PM

With the old CRT's , check your refresh rates

Edited by garmanma, 25 November 2008 - 07:38 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 audioAl

audioAl

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:12 PM

Try the ATI website for driver downloads?
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit/Intel e5300 cpu/ASRock G41M-LE mainboard/G max4500 onboard graphics/4gigs OCZ 800Mhz ram/ VIA onboard HD Vinyl audio/Yamaha RX-V465 HT receiver/ Cambridge SoundWorks and Infinity RS1001 speakers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users