Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

rewagiki.dll error at startup

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 will75

will75

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 25 November 2008 - 11:22 AM

I was infected with vundo. I ran malwarebytes and hijackthis. after rebooting I now get a dll error stating reqagiki.dll will not run. How can I fix this dll error?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 25 November 2008 - 11:37 AM

Are you sure that this is the correct error, I googled it and didn't find anything.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 will75

will75
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2008 - 11:57 AM

Yeah, it's the correct error. I've googled, yahoo'd, and kicked and screemed. I have been unsuccessful at finding anything in regards to this dll. I ran Process viewer and it showed it has another name which is dimukahoka, and I wasn't able to find anything on it either. This is what I do know. It's in my startup and there is a entry in my registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Value Name:
dimukahoka

Value Data:
Rundll32.exe"C:\WINDOWS\system32\rewagiki.dll",s

#4 will75

will75
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:20 PM

This is a pdf of the error.

Attached Files

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:01 PM

You have two different file names going here, reqagiki.dll which you posted in you initial post, and rewagiki.dll which you have in you last post. Which one is the error pertaining to?

I wrote that there are three downloads, but I only see a link to one, and it only shows the RUNDLL error.

Edited by dc3, 25 November 2008 - 01:03 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 will75

will75
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:45 PM

Sorry about that. The first was a typo. It should have been rewagiki.dll.
I attached the error as a pdf. I'm able to view it from the site under attached files on the fourth post.

#7 Box In A Bag

Box In A Bag

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:50 PM

Delete that dll and that registry entry.

to delete the dll you may have to be in safe mode or use a windows cd and boot into that than delete it. The reason for that is that the file may be running or using another file that is running and it will not allow you to delete it while it is running. Booting into safe mode may stop it from running, booting from a cd WILL stop it from running.

To delete the file open up your command prompt:

Start>run
type cmd

in the prompt do this

change your directory to the system 32 folder using the command:

cd X:\windows\system32
- x = your drive you have windows installed on

Next you will get a list of the directory using the command:

dir /l /od - /l and /od basically organize everything for you, in this case it will list them by date

You will than remove any attributes given to that specific file using this command:

attrib -a -s -h rewagiki.dll - this allows you to view the file if it is hidden and other options.

Next you will delete the file using the following command:

del rewagiki.dll

I would also like you to check your hidden files in system32. Just use the show hidden directory command:

dir /ah

You should than see ONLY files with .manifest at the end of them, if you see others that are not .manifest than delete them, UNLESS they are questionable, and by that I mean do they look like they are for your antivirus, or quickbooks, or something important, to find out, just post the file name here and I, or someone, will tell you.

Remember to try this in safe mode first, if you cannot do it that way, than you can boot from a Windows XP CD and use the REPAIR CONSOLE to do the exact same thing from above. Keep in mind the Repair console and the windows repair are two different things. The repair console is an option you can choose right at the beginning of the boot of Windows XP CD.

Return to normal windows mode and run your antivirus and antispyware.

Edited by Box In A Bag, 25 November 2008 - 01:53 PM.

Posted Image
Intel Core2Duo E8400 wolfdale 3.0GHz OC'd to 3.8GHz 38C/39C maximum,

---Call 9-1-1 for emergencies.... or just post at Bleeping Computer---
------------Your friendly CVCOG 9-1-1 Network Administrator-----------

#8 will75

will75
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2008 - 04:19 PM

Awesome. I'll give it a try here shortly. Thanks. I'll let you know if it worked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users