Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Transplant from MyWay

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ZeYusAngelBee

ZeYusAngelBee

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 27 April 2004 - 11:25 AM

My name is ZeYu'sBee, I am transplant from the Tech board of MyWay.

:flowers: :trumpet: I posted in wrong spot, so I cut and pasted here hoping I am now in right place, :inlove: :cool:

I came here through an invitation by Papakid (who knows me as deborah1962).

I would love to hear from him and the others that came from there please.

I am unsure how to navigate here though I belong currently to another website that uses this format (even the coloring is the same) of board posting.

It looks like, from what I have read so far, that this is a great site.

I hope to make it my home-away-from-home. :thumbsup:

ZeYu'sBee
~~ZeYusAngelBee~~

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,388 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 27 April 2004 - 11:44 AM

Welcome to the site ZeYusBee! Glad to have you here.

I will try to explain how you can navigate the site so you can start using it to its greatest potential.

The site itself is broken down into 5 major sections. Each of these sections can be reached by the navigation tabs at the top of the screen. Simpy click on the tab for the particular section and you will be brought there.

The sections are as follows:

Home - This is the main page of bleepingcomputer.com and is the first page you see when get here. It contains the new, what there is of it, the the latest posts and the latest tutorials.

Tutorials - This is our tutorial section. When you first get there you will be greeted with a list of Tutorials sorted by their category. To see the different sections you can click on the Sections link. In the sections area you can then click on the various sections to see what tutorials can be found there. We are striving to add as many tutorials as quickly as possible.

Discussions - This is where you are now. Post questions and hopefully get some answers :thumbsup: Or just talk about whatever you want.

Compupedia - This is a glossary of computer related terms with their definitions. As terms are found that are not in the glossary, they are added.

Resources - This sections contains links to various other sites such as Support and Contact pages for many hardware/software manufacturers.

If you have any more questions please do not hesitate to ask.

#3 ZeYusAngelBee

ZeYusAngelBee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2004 - 12:17 PM

Pandy, you have mail :thumbsup:
~~ZeYusAngelBee~~

#4 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 PM

Posted 27 April 2004 - 12:17 PM

[COLOR=purple] Hi ZeYu'sBee,
I'm glad to see a familiar name here. Papakid told me about this place too. I know you'll like it here. Everybody is so nice. Great place for a newbie like me. I feel safe here :flowers: See you around :thumbsup:

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#5 ZeYusAngelBee

ZeYusAngelBee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2004 - 12:20 PM

[COLOR=purple] Hi ZeYu'sBee,
I'm glad to see a familiar name here. Papakid told me about this place too. I know you'll like it here. Everybody is so nice. Great place for a newbie like me. I feel safe here :flowers: See you around :thumbsup:

:D YES Pandy, I saw you here too. I sent you an email through here. Hope you get it :D Bye friend.
~~ZeYusAngelBee~~

#6 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 PM

Posted 27 April 2004 - 12:33 PM

Ok, I think I got it. Thanks darlin' :thumbsup:

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#7 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 27 April 2004 - 01:53 PM

Welcome ZeYu'sBee. I have migrated from another board as well-TechTV, under the same name.

I find this site to be a welcomed diversion from everyday life-sleep, work, and paying taxes. :thumbsup:

I also see that you have been playing the games. I always welcome challenges. :flowers:

BTW-nice sig!

Edited by JEservices, 27 April 2004 - 01:54 PM.

We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#8 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,522 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 27 April 2004 - 01:53 PM

Hey Deb, :) :inlove:
Really glad to see you made it over. Hope you enjoy the decorum that this board offers--MyWay is pretty wild & wooly. Here you have rules to keep people from abusing the boards (keeps the trolls out) & staying pretty much on technical issues.

Enjoy! :cool: I know you'll get the hang of things pretty soon. One of the main things I like about these type boards is the email notification & subscriptions. They enable you to know when there is a reply to a topic you've posted or subscribed to & when you have a new Personal Message. If you have it set up right, then you don't have to post publicly to tell another member they have an email. Go to your Contol Panel & under Options click on Email Settings to configure these options like you want. It's pretty self-explanatory, but if you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Who knows, you may even get Grinler to write a tutorial on IPB type board features. :trumpet: The MyWay boards are pretty well unique. :flowers:

So------ Welcome :thumbsup:

The fate of all mankind, I see

Is in the hands of fools

--King Crimson

#9 Guest_MrSnausage_*

Guest_MrSnausage_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 27 April 2004 - 02:04 PM

Hey ... we dont mind some wildness here :inlove:

Talk about whatever you want...just post it in the appropriate forums :cool:

We want a warm atmosphere not a :flowers: one.

So lets get the :thumbsup: or else :trumpet:

Hehe...just kidding

#10 Bluie

Bluie

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2004 - 03:31 PM

Wellcome! I do it MyWay too. But their tech board is, too put it politely, less than useful. Glad to see the neat people from there migrating over here.

#11 ZeYusAngelBee

ZeYusAngelBee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2004 - 08:34 PM

:trumpet: :thumbsup: Hi Papakid, et al:

Classy board this is! The MyWay boards have been taken over by the under 18 crowd.

I have nothing against kids, my son is 16, but, you'd think there would be somewhere for them to go other than to pester the adults..........anyway, 'nuff said.

I am still having trouble with my Browsers dragging butt. I have tried everything so I want to know where to post my gripe and get some help.

Any suggestions????????????

Meanwhile, I'll stand out of the way until someone answers :cool: :flowers:

The cat blinked in the original sig i had made but, well, this was a copy on account I lost my original during a rather unfortunate trojan/virus outbreak on my computer.

I had it made for me :inlove:
~~ZeYusAngelBee~~

#12 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,522 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2004 - 09:43 PM

Hey Deb, um, Ze, er, YouBee,

Kinda hard to get used to a new name.

I'm a SlowBee.

I would say start out in the Windows forum since it's pretty generic. A thread can be moved pretty easily if necessary--as you've found out--rules about posting in the correct forum aren't very strict, just helps keep things in order. Kinda frustrating to see a thread about Internet Explorer in the linux forum, ya know? :thumbsup:

Just dive right in. Most everyone here is here to help. :inlove:

We want a warm atmosphere not a  :trumpet:  one.

Say MrS, this is already a warm place. Having helpful & freindly people around & discouraging :cool: the petty & the ne'er-do-wells that inhabit some of the unmoderated boards helps keep it that way. Just having some rules, to me, helps keep this a warm & friendly place. :flowers:

The fate of all mankind, I see

Is in the hands of fools

--King Crimson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users