Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remote Desktop Connection Problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 25 November 2008 - 07:57 AM

I cannot hook up remotely to other Desktops.Was working fine,for a year, and all of a sudden cannot remote.
With Teamviewer 3 I get the message, "No connection to master server"
With Crossloop I get the message, "Failed to connect to Web Service"
I have 2 PC's running through a router/modem with Windows XP Home SP3,on both.
One PC has no probs and this Computer is driving me nuts.Have set everything I can find the same,but still cannot remote.Don't want to reload Windows, unless absolutely necessary.
Run online Scans and SAS and MBAM and can find nothing.
Any help appreciated. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 25 November 2008 - 09:51 AM

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the software...on the system that is balky?

If you have 2 systems using the same software and one works properly while the other doesn't...that seems a good place to start.

Louis

#3 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2008 - 11:16 AM

Have removed all traces of both programs,Twice,and reinstalled from Authors Site.I am baffled,Hamluis.
I have completely run out of ideas. When 2 Remote programs wont work,seems like my PC is at fault.
Thanks for responding,quickly.

EDIT. Still getting these around the time of trying to run the programs.
Could any of these have something to do with it? I wonder.

Posted Image

Edited by DSTM, 25 November 2008 - 11:31 AM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 25 November 2008 - 11:33 AM

From http://crossloop.typepad.com/bringing_peop...loop-troub.html

c. Error message "Failed to connect to web service." This message indicates that something is blocking the file CrossLoopConnect.exe from accessing the internet or on very rare occasions the CrossLoop server could be experiencing a problem.

To prevent or remedy the above problems please configure your Security software to “Allow” CrossLoopConnect.exe, WinVnc.exe and VncViewer.exe to run and access the internet. Some security software might list groups of programs to allow or block. The CrossLoop, TightVnc, Remote Control and VIPTunnel groups should be allowed.

I'd take a look at firewall settings and Event Viewer for clues. If no other programs have trouble getting out...I don't know what to suggest.

Louis

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:10 PM

As usual the results of searching for Events from the Event Viewer are ambiguous at best. I've found suggestions that it could be anything from ActiveX to a lack of virtual memory. The suggestion that it could be from a lack of virtual memory is from this article at Microsoft TechNet. It might be worth just increasing the virtual memory to see if this helps, I won't hurt and is easy to implement. The following is from the article mentioned previously.

Increase the size of the page file

To increase the size of the page file:

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click System.
2. Under Tasks, click Advanced System Settings. If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.
3. Click the Advanced tab. Under Performance, click Settings.
4. In the Performance Options dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
5. Under Virtual Memory, click Change.
6. Clear the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives check box.
7. Under Drive [Volume Label], click the drive that contains the paging file that you want to change.
8. Click Custom size, type a new size in megabytes in the Initial size (MB) or Maximum size (MB) box, click Set, and then click OK.

Edited by dc3, 25 November 2008 - 12:14 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:15 PM

Thanks DC3. Will follow the instructions,and post back. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users