Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nvidia Driver help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pantathian

pantathian

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 25 November 2008 - 04:57 AM

I'm pretty new to Bleeping computer, and i was referred by a friend to see if you could lend me a hand with a driver problem. Well, closer to an annoyance than a problem really.
I have a old Nvidia driver installed that came with my 8800GTS video card, and i am really preferable to the 1600 x 1200 resolution, unfortunately, some of the more recent games such as Call of Duty: World at War, have required me to update drivers to the latest version, where in lies my problem. This new version has pulled my resolution to 1650 x 1250, and i cannot go back to the way it was without uninstalling this driver, and reinstalling the old one. This new resolution makes many of my shows i watch on the monitor square instead of widescreen (i use a 22inch widescreen, and i want the full benefit of it).
My question to you is: is there any way i could get my 1600 x 1200 resolution back without uninstalling this driver, or somehow changing some settings*? or any other methods possible.

*note: in the settings tab of display properties, 1600 x 1200 is not able to be selected.

Thank you :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranger72

ranger72

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:53 AM

See if you can do this:

Select "Start" > "All Programs" > "Nvidia Corporation" > "Nvidia Control Panel" > "Control Panel" This will open your Nvidia Control Panel. To the upper left of the window go to "Select a Task", and under that expand "display" by selecting it.

Under display select "Manage custom Resolutions" in the window select the "Create" button. This dialogue box will allow you to create a custom resolution for your HDTV video out.

I don't know if that will change your monitor's resolution in the same way; however this is a start for you to get going in the right direction.

Also here is a Google Page of Links which will take you the Nvidia forums where I'm sure your question can be answered with more authority.

http://www.google.com/search?q=nvidia+foru...lient=firefox-a

You can also find out about updating your drivers there as well.

Hope this helps!

ranger72

Edited by ranger72, 25 November 2008 - 06:55 AM.

So Much To Learn; So Little Time To Learn It In!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users